What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillydog07

Reaction score
Put on new rotors and pads. First time doing brakes, but I had my dad over to help out if needed. Of course, nothing goes as planned. I got to taking off the last lug not on the second wheel and it wouldn't come off all the way....got about 1/2 way and just stopped; no matter how hard I worked it with the impact, it wouldn't budge. Took about twenty minutes of heating it up with a torch and hitting it with the impact to get it off. Then it stripped about the last 1/3 of the stud, so had to go and get a new lug stud before I could even start the brakes on the second side.

phillydog07

Reaction score
Well done. On the job not the stud.

Haha. What annoys me is it's the same stud that was replaced a few months back by a Sears shop.....and they were the last ones to have touched that stud. I would have done it myself back than, but I was in the middle of a bachelor party and had to use the Tahoe to haul people, so it was easiest just to drop and off, go shoot paintball, then pick it up.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, my brakes started squealing like a school bus. Not that metal squealer grinding into your rotor noise. Just a smooth glassy squeal. Thus, the adventure continues...

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned all the water and mud spots off glass with some powdered stuff I cant remember at the moment...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy