What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a slight squeak in the suburban when backing up like really low, could barely hear it. Today I was getting a ton of noise out of nowhere and then went to back up and got crunching and sqealing. U-joint. We changed the one at the differential when we did the lift but nt the one at the transfer case. It was toast.

Just this morning a guy in front of me lost his driveshaft in a dakota coming through an intersection, a guy I work with was across the intersection at the red light and quick called because he thought it was me. Just thought it was wierd mine went shortly after. It had no signs of wear like play and more noise then I heard so I didn't know it was a mess. Next time I hear a squeak I'll just do it then.

Attachments

• IMG-20111004-00009.jpg
    IMG-20111004-00009.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20111004-00010.jpg
    IMG-20111004-00010.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 38

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Had a slight squeak in the suburban when backing up like really low, could barely hear it. Today I was getting a ton of noise out of nowhere and then went to back up and got crunching and sqealing. U-joint. We changed the one at the differential when we did the lift but nt the one at the transfer case. It was toast.

Just this morning a guy in front of me lost his driveshaft in a dakota coming through an intersection, a guy I work with was across the intersection at the red light and quick called because he thought it was me. Just thought it was wierd mine went shortly after. It had no signs of wear like play and more noise then I heard so I didn't know it was a mess. Next time I hear a squeak I'll just do it then.

Yikes! are you running the ones with grease fittings now???

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Ive seen the grease-able ones shatter with high HP, but there a pain to grease and im pretty sure you need to keep dropping the driveshaft to grease it

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wasnt today but on saturday i did: spider, water pump, starter, crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor. then sunday i washed it :)

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
did you have to time it again after the camshaft sensor? today im ordering 02sensors. and finishing the install of a rearview camera/19inch monitor.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I put a new set of Raybestos disk brake pads on my 96 2 door, and had the rotors turned.

rednose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed fuel filter, o2 sensors, 2 new interior door handles, new ignition(key was broke inside) getting ready to replace catalytic converters and muffler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925