What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldbrowntruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New Wheels!

I found a set of steel 17 inch rims with new tires on craigslist today. I swapped my old stock rims and loud, choppy, rough tires. I've needed new tires for a while. I also wanted rims I could clean up. I might find GMC center caps instead. I also pulled the chrome fender trim off. I like the different look.

Old
SANY0025.jpg

New
IMG_20130824_205448_zpsada45ec4.jpg

I'm about half way. I would like to do a little rust repair, remove the top rack and perhaps blast and paint the wheels black. I would leave the center caps.

I saw another members truck with that look and I liked it.

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a set of steel 17 inch rims with new tires on craigslist today. I swapped my old stock rims and loud, choppy, rough tires. I've needed new tires for a while. I also wanted rims I could clean up. I might find GMC center caps instead. I also pulled the chrome fender trim off. I like the different look.

Old
SANY0025.jpg

New

I'm about half way. I would like to do a little rust repair, remove the top rack and perhaps blast and paint the wheels black. I would leave the center caps.

In my opinion the stock rims looks better.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Old
SANY0025.jpg

New

I think anything is better than those stock rims. Nice deal since you needed tires anyway. Looks good to me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Cleaned the battery terminals on the side of the road tonight. It kept shutting off for a split second while I was driving.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Old
SANY0025.jpg

New

The wheels themselves look good, but the color and tire size don't work well on that rig. I think hitting them with black would look much better, especially with silver/chrome hubcaps, but I may be biased:Big Laugh:

oldbrowntruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can't tell by the pictures, but the stock rims were corroded with most of the clear coat missing. I like the idea of a steel wheel that I can easily paint. The score was a new set of 17 inch tires for $200. Anything was better than the stock wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrFrank