What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked these up for $100 today. I'm going to go at them with some leather conditioner tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-2825674424.jpg
    image-2825674424.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 53

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Damn just broke my drivers seat today. Must be all those Safeway deli sandwiches. But did get oil line in today and cleaned up the evaporator somewhat. Very little debris and almost no clogging at all. My big hands make it difficult to get in there to with the way my air box is designed.reacn in blower hole go up slightly then down a chute to the left get to evaporator. Most of it unreachable but borosope showed it was clear thru out except the the very outer perimeter of the core. That flushed out with water tho.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea i have fluid already from when i put some in it na im trying to find a hydrolic arm replacement for it. Found their site but i guess its an older model couldnt find it just others that have more options so idk.. swapped back to android so no more auto correct for a bit:)

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool deal man

Looked at mine sitting in the garage. Then started it up once.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Sounds like me. Looked at mine took some trash out of it, started it and wished I could drive it. Can't drive it with the leaking radiator and I won't have the money for another month. Not just the radiator but for the water pump, fan clutch, heater core and other stuff. Those things aren't bad just want to replace them now so I don't have to mess with the cooling system again for years.

"if it aint broke dont fix it"? i think "If it aint broke it will soon" especially on a 16+ year old vehicle with the original parts

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It will break when it is ready too. Don't just throw money at it. Just because you need a rad does not mean you will soon need a new pump as well.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Yea i have fluid already from when i put some in it na im trying to find a hydrolic arm replacement for it. Found their site but i guess its an older model couldnt find it just others that have more options so idk.. swapped back to android so no more auto correct for a bit:)

So when you say "HYDRAULIC" arm you talking the handle used for pumping or or the component the handle goes into to pump the piston or the arm that makes contact with the vehicle? Just want to be clear.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
The component that pumps the piston. The seals are toast on it so really preffer to just get another drop it in and have it work again but dont know if they are interchangable

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not likely. Just replace the jack when you can or take it apart and see if you can get replacement matching seals locally at a hydraulic shop if possible.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea thats why i picked up the other one. I only paid like $15 for that one found out why fast lol.. its probably more problem than its worth probably better as scrap its fairly heavy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper

Latest posts