What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody broke into my Tahoe last night. Only took my stereo faceplate and broke my door lock cylinder so not too much of a loss. The insurance told me it was a waste of time to claim it. Not doing another thing to until I get my alarm system and door cylinder. Been shopping for those today.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it, loaded it up with tools and materials, and beat the snot out of it....

All day, every day... the damn thing gets used for WORK!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Started it an dput in ny land to get my damn exploder in to change the fuel filter. Best advice ever dont buy a ford!!!!!

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
My truck shut off when I put into reverse a few times so I thought the fluid was low. Stuck 3 qts. in last night.

Well, I learned not to check the trans dipstick when its dark out cause you will read it wrong. :Stupid Me:

Throttle body/IAC cleaner seems to have done the trick instead. :lol:

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody broke into my Tahoe last night. Only took my stereo faceplate and broke my door lock cylinder so not too much of a loss. The insurance told me it was a waste of time to claim it. Not doing another thing to until I get my alarm system and door cylinder. Been shopping for those today.

Ugh! Thats weak! Sorry to hear that.. Friggin people.. :gunner:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Started it an dput in ny land to get my damn exploder in to change the fuel filter. Best advice ever dont buy a ford!!!!!

You just now learning this?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Checking up on my readiness monitors and found the code pending for TCC stuck off. The tranny is really starting to piss me off.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh! Thats weak! Sorry to hear that.. Friggin people.. :gunner:

Thanks man. Someone just threw a mountain dew can 3/4 full at my front door and I got egged(Good thing they didn't hit my Hoe!). This neighborhood is turning into shit. Getting my alarm as soon as possible, didn't plan on having to get one so I'm going a lil cheap. Sometimes I wonder if the kids that egged us stole it just cause I bitched them out, but then I remember they're so stupid they can't possibly pop a lock.:Rant:

Last edited:

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask when you put it in gear does it go down or does it stay the same? If it stays the same that it is possible it is working, partially anyways, and the problem might be elsewhere. If it goes down from the load of the tranny then you are still wanting to concentrate on the IAC valve. Try resetting it:

1. Start the engine for 20 seconds .
  2. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds .
  3. Start the engine.
  4. Check for the proper idle speed.
If still absolutely no change in rpm then replacement may be needed.

Yes the idle drops down to like 900 after I put it in gear. Take it out of gear it goes back up to 1000 or a hair more.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Someone just threw a mountain dew can 3/4 full at my front door and I got egged(Good thing they didn't hit my Hoe!). This neighborhood is turning into shit. Getting my alarm as soon as possible, didn't plan on having to get one so I'm going a lil cheap. Sometimes I wonder if the kids that egged us stole it just cause I bitched them out, but then I remember they're so stupid they can't possibly pop a lock.:Rant:

Oh man.. Thats just straight lame! :boxing:

That sucks. Hopefully the neighborhood can recover.
People suck sometimes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes the idle drops down to like 900 after I put it in gear. Take it out of gear it goes back up to 1000 or a hair more.

Yeah, I think your IAC valve is stuck or the PCM has lost the ability to control it. A new delphi IAC valve one would cost upwards of about $60 at amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road