What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Weld in. In order to make the headers Cali legal I must use the included crossover pipes and the instructions state that the piping in front of the cats must be cut 1 inch forward of the the cats to mount and weld the slip fit/3 bolt flange adapters. So I figured why waste another $250(new assembly is price dropped lately to $570 for Cali converts and the weld in's cost me $320 for the pair.) for the ss piping in front of the cats when it will just be cut off anyway. The header parts are steel, the converter are SS and the the rear converter flange is steal. They have held up well over the years as fare as metal deterioration is concerned. If anything I will replace the old 1 foot section of pipe between the steel flange and the converter for the left bank with aluminized steel. The right bank converter is just butted up against the flange anyway. I believe there is about 3 inches of pipe available on either side of the cats so some wiggle room in there for mounting. Just like what is used in the cat back system. Should have no issues at all. Tho I need to get a missing hangar replaced that is not available from U.S. dealers anymore. Will have to junkyard it I guess.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Found this a few days ago when looking in to possible electrical gremlins regarding starting to running mode issues. It is the fuel pump relay. Replaced but will need to look into the fuel pump ground point as well. Have had the odd issue since the 411 pcm swap. Will see over the next week how things improve. Did some similar plastic deformation to the socket terminal it sat on as well.
IMAG1090_zpsc0ac4c11.gif

Last edited:

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummmm... Looks like its got heated up pretty good... I have sumthing similar going on with the a/c fan speed selector where the connection is made to that black dial thingy in the back on the hvac where it connects to the harness...

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed some rear airbags.......no more saggy azs when towing the travel trailer.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Hummmm... Looks like its got heated up pretty good... I have sumthing similar going on with the a/c fan speed selector where the connection is made to that black dial thingy in the back on the hvac where it connects to the harness...

GM has replacement pigtails becuase of that. You can get them on amazon.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Just installed some rear airbags.......no more saggy azs when towing the travel trailer.

I put in firestone rid-rite bags a while ago to get the rear back up till I get around to deciding what to do with the rear springs. I love them. I still want to get the compressor and automatic levelling system too.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

GP, when are you gonna let me look at your cuurent tune file? Or is it to remain your trademark secret?

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has replacement pigtails becuase of that. You can get them on amazon.

Say wat..? Ill have to search for a part # and a diagram... I wonder where I can find that information... Ummm..? I've only taken a dash off once at the junk yard and the wiring back there is tied uplike one fat harness...

P.S. This happen yesterday...
IMG_20130922_214307.jpg
IMG_20130922_214237.jpg
Pulled over and chased her down, but I was too late...

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got the Yukon into the frame shop to get a estimate on the rust and it can be fixed for $500 so I pulled the trigger. She goes in Wednesday and gets to go on to live another day.

Attachments

• image-1215045490.jpg
    image-1215045490.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 27

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Say wat..? Ill have to search for a part # and a diagram... I wonder where I can find that information... Ummm..? I've only taken a dash off once at the junk yard and the wiring back there is tied uplike one fat harness...

P.S. This happen yesterday...

Pulled over and chased her down, but I was too late...

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-PT1346-Female-8-Way-Connector/dp/B000C9TZBY/

And chased who down? How did you get a cap damaged that was recessed in the wheel?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

So I finally got the Yukon into the frame shop to get a estimate on the rust and it can be fixed for $500 so I pulled the trigger. She goes in Wednesday and gets to go on to live another day.

I definitely want more before and after pics.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My center cap, She came loose... I never saw it coming... Havent touched the caps in months... I suspect that sum1 might have tampered with them... And thank u for the link...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codyaedwards