What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only has 3 button: Lock & Unlock (across the top), and 2x (bottom right) for the rear doors. If yours has a 4th button it should be for the alarm (assuming you have it).

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
My key fob had stopped working within the last few days. It is a 3 key, no alarm, and they are a bit on the expensive side. I had replaced the battery within a month but took it apart again to see if the batter had slipped or something.

I removed the circuit board to see if I could activate the buttons manually and found that there was a film of oily stuff between the keys and the board, and the black backing on the keys was pretty degraded. I dried everything off, put it back together, and it is working 100% again. Well, except for the rear doors. I think I need to clean the contacts for that.

Anyway, I ordered a new case and key pad. Not sure what the oily stuff was. Any ideas if there is supposed to be some conductive material between the rubber pad and the circuit board?

Just 15+ years of ass sweat and gunk that builds up in there. Clean them again and see if it helps any.
The rear barn doors can be temperamental though. They don't always close just right and don't always unlock with the key fob in my experience.

You can also solder a small piece of wire to the antenna to increase the range which I recommend. It helped my remote a bunch.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5854-WRITEUP-GM-Remote-MOD

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
Mine only has 3 button: Lock & Unlock (across the top), and 2x (bottom right) for the rear doors. If yours has a 4th button it should be for the alarm (assuming you have it).

Mine is like yours...3-button, just like you described. I thought that the lower-right button might open the rear door, but it did not. It's when I pushing it at the rear when I heard clicking coming from the front, which I later found to be under the dash.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is like yours...3-button, just like you described. I thought that the lower-right button might open the rear door, but it did not. It's when I pushing it at the rear when I heard clicking coming from the front, which I later found to be under the dash.

Mine works sporadically, but it has to be pushed twice in quick succession for it to work at all. I'm thinking the actuator in my rear door may be failing because I can hear it trying to work but sometimes it does not.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Finally ordered two new magnaflow Cali converters for my vehicle. Just need to get the actual headers of my tri-y's on and 4 blocks and $300 later, maybe next week or week after, my whole system will be complete, Cali legal, smog happy, newly sensored and finally done.

301Y-FED-C-2.jpg

445004.jpg

flowmaster_17165a_1555_detail.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have had the cat back in since Dec. I have had the headers floating around the states with me for 11 months now. The ceramic coating and the cats were holding me up really. The coating I got done in may I think.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the cat back in since Dec. I have had the headers floating around the states with me for 11 months now. The ceramic coating and the cats were holding me up really. The coating I got done in may I think.

Have you noticed a difference with the cat back system?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes. As I have mentioned before the sound will be different then what you expect it might be. While the outside may seem the same or louder as a 40 series muffler the kit is quieter inside the cab. And getting the kit is a better for the suv because it is tuned to help the power band overall and not just sound loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigrod1965

Latest posts