What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newest body style looks like rotten vomit. This does nothing but convince me that my OBS is one of the best looking designs yet.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The farthest I will go in style would be likely 2006. After that the lights start to get weird for me. But if the can become some very nice hid projectors I might look into it.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added the Jeep XJ steering shaft onto mine...Didn't take long at all, and was very worth it...Makes a big difference!

shaft01.jpg

shaft02.jpg

shaft03.jpg

Shawn

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Tell me more bout the steering shaft upgrade. Might look into it when i do my sas

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Thanks. Ill probabky do it later if i start to see some slop in the wheel. Mines fine right now

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugged in my new BT OBD2 adapter and set up the Torque app. It went well but the trans temp signal wasn't available. I need to see if I can enable it.

Figured it out after doing a little searching. I had to enable the GM specific codes and all is well now.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My key fob had stopped working within the last few days. It is a 3 key, no alarm, and they are a bit on the expensive side. I had replaced the battery within a month but took it apart again to see if the batter had slipped or something.

I removed the circuit board to see if I could activate the buttons manually and found that there was a film of oily stuff between the keys and the board, and the black backing on the keys was pretty degraded. I dried everything off, put it back together, and it is working 100% again. Well, except for the rear doors. I think I need to clean the contacts for that.

Anyway, I ordered a new case and key pad. Not sure what the oily stuff was. Any ideas if there is supposed to be some conductive material between the rubber pad and the circuit board?

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
Speaking of key fob function...the other day I pressed the small button on the bottom, wondering what it does. I kept hearing something clicking below or inside the dash, but couldn't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigrod1965

Latest posts