What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Installed the dash heater control panel I got from the wrecking yard. Doesnt work right. The heat finally comes on. However it only works on foot area. No other options on the gauge are working.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Did the electrical portion of flexalite efans. They don't make much noise. Did not have to adjust the thermo setting either. Acording to the scan guage the computer see a 193-198 temp reading with an ocassional 204 after shutdown for a bit. if running when engine is shut of the fans continue for a few moments before shutting off.

Now I still have to do physical fuel tank usage testing again but on the scangauge II average has gone from 14.7 to 17.6 on average mph setting doing the same 40 mile route. So when I get back on the road I will run the physical numbers to see what results come up.

I have a 17" x 34" 2 row radiator core.

MoroneSaxatilis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tomorrow it's oil change time, since now that it got cold my oil gauge pinned. Hoping the oil and filter change fixes it and it's not the sending unit. Better high than low, I guess.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Did the electrical portion of flexalite efans. They don't make much noise. Did not have to adjust the thermo setting either. Acording to the scan guage the computer see a 193-198 temp reading with an ocassional 204 after shutdown for a bit. if running when engine is shut of the fans continue for a few moments before shutting off.

Now I still have to do physical fuel tank usage testing again but on the scangauge II average has gone from 14.7 to 17.6 on average mph setting doing the same 40 mile route. So when I get back on the road I will run the physical numbers to see what results come up.

I have a 17" x 34" 2 row radiator core.

I always liked the idea of the fan running a little bit after ya' shut down. Glad it worked out well..... this'll be goin' on my list of future "upgrades".

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put truck bars in mine. need to adjust em tomorrow rides like tank cranked too much haha but lifted the inch or so i needed. melted cv boot lil bit in process so need to clean greese and cover it till i can get new boot. taking it to get aligned this weeknd i hope

ISRT-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took out the heater core to test it as it was bypassed when I picked it up a few weeks back... seems fine but might still replace it for a new one since it's out. Also took out all of my speakers, 2- 4x10's in the roof and 2- 6.5 and tweeters in the front (1999 2 door LT) Replaced the fronts with Infinity Reference and waiting for the 6x9 rears to arrive to modify the mounts to fit them in. Still have stock radio and cd player and tested the cd player out for the first time and it has an err message... need to look that up and want to just try to fix it tomorrow while I decide on a deck, might go with the double din and remold the dash.

Oh Black friday, also ordered up more stuff... Got AVS 8 channel bolt on door poppers ordered! 33% off for Black Friday! Awesome, I planed on getting them anyway and it just happened to work out!

UPS came by and I received my intake manifold gasket sets from Amazon also... all today (or yesterday since it's 2am)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I always liked the idea of the fan running a little bit after ya' shut down. Glad it worked out well..... this'll be goin' on my list of future "upgrades".

This only seems to happen when fan was actually on when when the ignition trigger is removed when shutting off engine. At $550 it is still pricey. And be prepared with hefty wire ties to tie the engine oil cooler line out of the way of the left fan. and some wire harness clamps to remount battery cable and fan wiring that goes across front end.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Fixed the heater panel!!! It all works 100% defrost and AC both work as well! So relieved about this issue! Going to drive now over to oreillys or autozone and get a new muffler tip