What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on sway bar links. What a pain in the butt. I just ordered rotors and pads, AC hose and stereo harnesses. All that should get here next week and then I have to arrange a wrench date and get it all done in a weekend. Then I'll drop it off the following Monday for vacuum and freon and it's back baby!

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bar links in. New cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads in. Now on to the AC. I have the compressor removed but am having a hard time taking the hose off the condenser. I'm afraid if I keep going I'm going to round off the nut on the condenser and I'll have to replace it too.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
ceramic pads on a hoe. this i gotta see and hear about. with slotted as well. are you sure the truck will even try to slowdown or will the ceramic pads in fact make it speed up even more?

that line on the condenser often will jam up and most have just ended up twisting it up so get flare or if possible 6 point boxes on it with extra hands and maybe shock loosen it. it may work.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a CAI. Took a few hours but worth it. Also finally got my rear sway bar links and bushings. I can't believe dealer is the only place to get rear sway bar bushings at $20 a piece!

Attachments

• image-2677755839.jpg
    image-2677755839.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 17

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a CAI. Took a few hours but worth it. Also finally got my rear sway bar links and bushings. I can't believe dealer is the only place to get rear sway bar bushings at $20 a piece!
Looks great, didn't want to upgrade to poly bushings for the swaybar?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't, but the only ones I ever found were the OE ones. I probably would of, But I just couldn't find them.
I see, cause the rear swaybar kit was $30 has zerk fittings to grease them too, rides alot better

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ceramic pads on a hoe. this i gotta see and hear about. with slotted as well. are you sure the truck will even try to slowdown or will the ceramic pads in fact make it speed up even more?

The old pads on my ifs gave out a month before the swap began, and I threw a set of el cheapo ceramic pads on there and boy howdy, they sucked at first! I had drilled and slotted rotors and the severe duty pads on there before were great but the ceramics barely did anything until I broke them in, then they were just ok.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Sway bar links in. New cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads in.

I would recommend ditching the ceramic pads for the expensive (but very worth it) severe duty pads. You honestly won't stop with ceramics on those rotors, and even after you break them in they'll be no better than stock. Severe duty all the way, you'll be able to lock the fronts at any speed with those on cross drilled and slotted rotors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy