What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They told me between the expense of rebuilding mine and getting another one that I may as well get another one.

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I don't think it's too much boost. It's running 6psi at WOT. They said that since the front and rear main seals are leaking was the ultimate culprit of the rod failure. I was quoted 2,920 for a replacement motor and doing the swap.

Hmmm, I'll think about the video...lol

Gregski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
added a quart of oil, what else, LOL

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

rebuilding a 350 is a piece of cake

depends which 350 what era?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I've gotten 3 compliments so far,

looks clean!

make that 4

SeanEboy

Reaction score
looks clean!

make that 4

Thanks Gregski! Yeah, really clean.. Well, now it has a pollen coating, but anyway... As for the rebuild - I found a NEW 5.7 for $2050, delivered to the door, I meant to make a post about it, but forgot, figured I should do it now. Yeah, I think $2050 for a new motor sounds pretty darn good, especially considering what Jasper was asking for a rebuilt...

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a machine shop today and they said they could rebuild mine and balance it for about $1700 and then it would be another $1600 to install the supercharger and and do the initial removal and re-install. For an extra $650 or so I can have it stroked to a 383. So for about $4k I can have a supercharged 383...Thoughts?

Even if I don't stroke it I can have a practically new motor for a few hundred more than the used motor my mechanic found.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
1600 bucks to install a supercharger is retarded. all the brackets are there, every bolt is there, theres nothing custom about it. simple bolt on.

(im more a DIY guy, ive never taken my truck to any shops before since i do all my own work. The only thing i cant do is window tinting and alignments. other then that i wont let a shop touch any of my vehicles. Basically because they abuse, they nick the paint, etc etc)

id buy a crate motor if i was you and start from scratch. full warranty and do it all yourself. its nothing you cant do or the forum can tell you to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou