What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gregski! Yeah, really clean.. Well, now it has a pollen coating, but anyway... As for the rebuild - I found a NEW 5.7 for $2050, delivered to the door, I meant to make a post about it, but forgot, figured I should do it now. Yeah, I think $2050 for a new motor sounds pretty darn good, especially considering what Jasper was asking for a rebuilt...

You think they are still making "new" old school 5.7s??

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1600 bucks to install a supercharger is retarded. all the brackets are there, every bolt is there, theres nothing custom about it. simple bolt on.

(im more a DIY guy, ive never taken my truck to any shops before since i do all my own work. The only thing i cant do is window tinting and alignments. other then that i wont let a shop touch any of my vehicles. Basically because they abuse, they nick the paint, etc etc)

id buy a crate motor if i was you and start from scratch. full warranty and do it all yourself. its nothing you cant do or the forum can tell you to do.

1600 wasn't just for the supercharger. That was for the whole engine removal/replacement and swapping my charger to the new motor. I would love to do everything myself, I just don't have the time or place to pull the motor.

My quote was originally broken down as follows:

Complete Engine with 140K - $1350
R&R Engine/Includes R&R S/C - $1250
Fluids - $150
Oil Change - $42.99
Shop Cost - $12.00
Taxes - $165.30

Total: $2920.29

Since the motor I would be getting from them wasn't rebuilt or anything and pretty much pulled straight out of another vehicle I figured it was worth the extra few hundred to have mine taken and rebuilt, at least then the motor will basically have all new parts internally. The place that quoted me the rebuild can't do the removal/install though. From the few sites I've looked at I don't have the funds to spring for a crate and pay to install it.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
1600 wasn't just for the supercharger. That was for the whole engine removal/replacement and swapping my charger to the new motor. I would love to do everything myself, I just don't have the time or place to pull the motor.

My quote was originally broken down as follows:

Complete Engine with 140K - $1350
R&R Engine/Includes R&R S/C - $1250
Fluids - $150
Oil Change - $42.99
Shop Cost - $12.00
Taxes - $165.30

Total: $2920.29

Since the motor I would be getting from them wasn't rebuilt or anything and pretty much pulled straight out of another vehicle I figured it was worth the extra few hundred to have mine taken and rebuilt, at least then the motor will basically have all new parts internally. The place that quoted me the rebuild can't do the removal/install though. From the few sites I've looked at I don't have the funds to spring for a crate and pay to install it.

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM Performance/809/12530282/10002/-1?CT=999
new not remanded.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im new here and just read this whole section. On paying 1100 for a bad fuel pump..... im glad i dont live up north with you guys. My mechanic down the street charged me $60 for labor for changing my fuel pump.. and of course the cost of the part.
Also, i had a problem with my wipers only working when they wanted to. This same mechanic put a new ground wire to a screw in the fire wall and good as new. I didnt have to buy a new wiper motor.
And for Rushr... get a new crate. That one from the junkyard may give you problems just as the original you had in ur rig.

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah, go for the gold and just get a new engine. you won't be disappointed.

Alright Sun...I'm going for the new. It's only a couple hundred more than rebuilding mine. Then I can keep my old one to tinker with or even sell. If it's up to the wife I would be selling it...hell I would be selling the whole truck if it was up to her...lol

I'm waiting to see how much of a discount, if I get one, there is for military. I've got the racer's discount now through JEGs, just need to see if the motor is eligble.

Edit: Ok, so as I figured there isn't a discount for the motor but it's all good...lol

Question, should I spend the extra hundred and get a 4 bolt main?

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM-Performance/809/12530283/10002/-1

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa