What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormracer

Reaction score
Simple Stuff!

I changed out my headlights to Sylvania Ultra's and did the high beam mod. Also put new wiper blades on, locking gas cap and fixed a broken door handle.

img0646ax.jpg

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grabbed an old army gas can filled it up with gas, Drive the G37 and picked up starting fluid, Iso-heet, new terminal bolts, driver and a new ice scraper/ broom. Headed back up to the house now. A 2hr drive! The G37 has studded ice tires the Blizzak ones on it and they are sipped. That thing hauls in the snow!

Nice!!!!

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I changed out my headlights to Sylvania Ultra's and did the high beam mod. Also put new wiper blades on, locking gas cap and fixed a broken door handle.

img0646ax.jpg

+1 on the locking gas cap. Especially @ today's $$$/gal prices.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

img0646ax.jpg

Are the ultras better than the regular silverstars?

Shawn

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Fixed the wiper pulse board, and changed out the wiper washer motors (they PO had them switched because the board was bad) and now it all works. Got a temp sensor for her too.

jpe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i changed out the black projector headlights for all clear ones on my tahoe. and cleaned it out some lol.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Are the ultras better than the regular silverstars?

Shawn

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Fixed the wiper pulse board, and changed out the wiper washer motors (they PO had them switched because the board was bad) and now it all works. Got a temp sensor for her too.

This is just from my personal experience... but the Silverstar +'s are a whiter light, and last longer than both of those.

After seeing the post below.. realized I actually had the name wrong. Not +'s like I thought, but Ultra's.....
The Ultra's are what I used.... so yes the Ultra's are better.

Last edited:

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Spent some money today on a project to be held at a later date:

- (2) Mickey Thompson Type II 16 inch wheels
- 5 Gallons of Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10w30
- New Oil Filter
- Prestone Coolant
- (8) Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs
- K&N Filter Recharge Kit (for my existing K&N filter)
- New Oil Plug & Seal
- New Oil Filter Wrench (so I can stop the fight-to-the-death)
- Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Bulbs

Still have a few more things I will slowly pick-up for the next tune up (Wires, Belt, ect . . .) but this is a start. . . . I still have 7,000 more miles to go until Operation Tune-up !!

I also had the tires rotated for the last time, then the wheels and tires will be replaced completely!!!! (Insert evil laugh here)

Last edited:

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Spent some money today on a project to be held at a later date:

- (2) Mickey Thompson Type II 16 inch wheels
- 5 Gallons of Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10w30
- New Oil Filter
- Prestone Coolant
- (8) Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs
- K&N Filter Recharge Kit (for my existing K&N filter)
- New Oil Plug & Seal
- New Oil Filter Wrench (so I can stop the fight-to-the-death)
- Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Bulbs

Still have a few more things I will slowly pick-up for the next tune up (Wires, Belt, ect . . .) but this is a start. . . . I still have 7,000 more miles to go until Operation Tune-up !!

I also had the tires rotated for the last time, then the wheels and tires will be replaced completely!!!! (Insert evil laugh here)

Nice.... just wanted to mention in case your not aware of this potential problem. When you clean and re-oil the K&N let the oil soak in and settle for a while(overnight if possible)before re-installing it.
Only reason I mention this is I've heard that guys have done this and the oil got pulled into the intake and coated the MAF sensor. You'll wind up with possible driveability/SES light triggering issues.
I bought a 2nd K&N when I did mine, and put the new one in, and "recharged" the one I took out, and put it in stock for the next change.
Most guys on here swear by the "dry" high flow air filter types, and I understand their reasoning.
Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvaz2000