What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormracer

Reaction score
I just went out and did a night test drive. The ultras definately make a huge difference, with my high beam mod also it is so much easier to see now!

Are the ultras better than the regular silverstars?

Shawn

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Fixed the wiper pulse board, and changed out the wiper washer motors (they PO had them switched because the board was bad) and now it all works. Got a temp sensor for her too.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Nice.... just wanted to mention in case your not aware of this potential problem. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

I appreciate it. I have used the recharge kit in the past without any issues, it sounds like maybe I've been lucky. I have not had that issue in the past, but I will definitely keep it in mind moving forward.

:Handshake:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you only need a little oil to recharge the filter it does not take make to coat it right. and rarely need to be cleaned.

From k&n:

http://www.knfilters.com/cleaning-pics.htm

AND

4. How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at it. Need to go get an idler arm and new tie rods for it. Damn thing is pulling to the right something fierce.

Stormracer

Reaction score
Simple Stuff!

Well after doing the new bulbs and high beam mod, I decided to buff out the lenses. I figured what is the point of all that if I have cloudy lenses. So I bought the Mother's Kit and they polished out nicely. Removed the cloudiness and cleared them up pretty well.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I drained my oil and changed it. Pulled that expensive crap Bosch Mileage Plus Filter as well. I used just a regular AC Delco one and then filled her up with Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40. I also tossed in some seafoam to the vaccuum line and the tank. Waited while doing the oil change and then started it up. It idles really smooth now. I wanna see if it improves my mileage.

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the alternator in the parts store parking lot. Then made a mental note to get a decent set of tools in my 'Hoe so I don't have to spend 3 times what I should time wise to do a job. :emotions122:

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the regular, I'm a broke grad student. My list of want-to's is long, but the funds aren't there to do everything yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timmytom