What do you guys think about my plans... VMAX tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the hoe is leveled since the Tbars are maxed. But I have new plans, and I just put a VMAX engine into it. I want to decrank the stock tbars to about the stock 2wd height maybe little lower, and installed 2" drop springs in the rear... but makeing it sit as level as possible. I think it would looks nice when done, and will be a bit closer to the ground for better mpg and handling.

The direction the truck is going is more of a touring, street performance build. Need it to travel between states and be comfortable. Need it to be smoothe at 130mph or if its a 30mph.

I plan to fully debadge the rest of the truck sometime soon. Including the door guards. I want no badging at all except for 1 badge. Which is the vortecMAX badges I will be putting on the side front doors, where the TAHOE emblem is at now. If anyone has seen the VMAX logo they know what Im talking about, the MAX is written in RED ink and all CAPS. I think it will look good on my black truck, and I have plans to spray all 4 calipers red in color as well. So if you see a VMAX tahoe, chances are its me. lol

The rims Im looking at are black in color as well to go with my theme. I do not want anything in excess of a 20. I plan on 17s or 18s on a wide tire.

95YUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea that v-max is fuckingg awesome man especially on a tahoe! cant wait to see some pics.. is it on a obs tahoe or nbs???

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is a 2001 NBS body. I will get pics as it progress.... I will be heading to the paint boothe for that cadillac diamond black paint job. I need the grill & bumpers painted black as well.

Today, I decranked the Tbars 10 turns to the stock height of a 2wd. looks good... Im getting ready to order the 2" drop spring for the rear as well. The truck hugs the ground nicely.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: Sounds like a awesome idea, kinda thought about it, but honestly not really sure what the difference is in the Vmax engines. But looking forward to pics..

95YUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey if you dont mind me asking, how muhc did you get the vmax?? i got plans to do a 8.1 swap in my obs yuke but not sure on 8.1 or 6.0.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: Sounds like a awesome idea, kinda thought about it, but honestly not really sure what the difference is in the Vmax engines. But looking forward to pics..

The VMAX engine is the HIGH OUTPUT 6.0 engine. The regular 6.0s were all LQ4 low compression. Even a 2500hd got the LQ4s.. as well as Denalis... The ** 6.0-LQ9-VMAX ONLY were in AWD escalades and SS, VMAX trucks. They run 93 octane, and are fast as shit. And is the fastest of the family.

Here are the vmax logos, that will replace my Tahoe signs on the side doors.
442a8228.gif

Here is whats under my hood.
c2e7312a.gif
fffe6c32.gif
14city about 18.5hwy and I still need a custom tune on it. But gathering some parts before that.

My truck looks like this.. Old pics, but it sits at that height. 2wd tbars max to level.
Door moldings got to go, but im getting a touch up paint when I do remove them. Grill and bumpers are getting spray black too. Cadillac Diamond Black is the color Im getting. Was thinking red calipers, and red chevy emblem in grill?
12e69d18.gif

Next week... SHHhhhhhh...
!Bkj3JegBWk~$%28KGrHqEOKjEEsmmVpGlGBLYFrLMMIQ~~_12.jpg

I mean, its going to looks sick as hell when I get done, hopefully way b4 summer.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

hey if you dont mind me asking, how muhc did you get the vmax?? i got plans to do a 8.1 swap in my obs yuke but not sure on 8.1 or 6.0.
Got a steal on it. I was in your same shoes. I was putting a 8.1 in the nbs tahoe. Did tons of research I can save you time. VMAX is WAY faster. 8.1 is better if towing, parts are hard to get and expensive as hell. VMAX gets way better mileage too. All in stock form. 8.1 VS Vmax, the Vmax is quicker. Duramax VS Vmax, max is quicker still. Tune the Duramax, say BYE Vmax.

Put a cam in the VMAX and make 500hp easily. Heck stock engine with a good tune is around 390hp with tons of torque. You will need a built tranny for either, IMO.

I would choose the 6.0 over the 8.1 any day, that being lq4 or lq9. They are just quicker LS motors.

Last edited:

Kobi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
big ups for the rims, lookin hella sick....dont forget to post pics.

mapierce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a damn plan! Have you thought about keeping the stock motor and boreing and stroking it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RODER 60