What do you guys think of Pioneer Premier SPL 15"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, Ive been to many, many shows with Owens and those guys since the 90's....they are one note wonmders. And, many times, they are woofers NOT sold to the general public...but represented too be the same driver.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dug up some old pics. one of me, Scott, Greg Welch with his back to us from Nashville dbDrag finals, then one in yellow van, my back to pic, with Nate Munson and Michael Hughes.

Attachments

• e4442w1m12830p25b.jpg
    e4442w1m12830p25b.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 6

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just get 4 of these instead haha: http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-POWER-ACOU...Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5193da024e

My friend has 2 in his Magnum and they are insanely loud. I have 8 8's and his are louder. These hit and look like a Kicker CVX.

He just got rid of 3 Alpine type R 15s to make room in his truck..

We are trying to figure out a single $600-$1000 sub that will be as impressive in its own right as the 3 he had in there before.. so taking out 3 Ehhh 15s.. to put in 4 Ehhhh 15s.. would be counter-intuitive.

As far as his 2 15s being louder than your 8 8s... man.. everything from brand to power to box comes into play.. and then.. LOUDER.. or LOWER... because you have almost 110 square inches of cone face more than him (over double) in a speaker that should be tighter and cleaner.. you have the ability to be ALOT louder than him.. and you have the math to do it..

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
they slammmmmmmmm

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

P1000062.jpg

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
LOL Power Acoustik subwoofers are absolute garbage, no offense.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I have decided on the Orion HCCA 15" in a 3.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32Hz. I just can't decide whether to have the subwoofer firing up and port firing towards the hatch or have both the subwoofer and port firing towards the hatch.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Power Acoustik subwoofers are absolute garbage, no offense.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I have decided on the Orion HCCA 15" in a 3.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32Hz. I just can't decide whether to have the subwoofer firing up and port firing towards the hatch or have both the subwoofer and port firing towards the hatch.

I think for what you want.. id go with cosmetics.. i personally dont see it making THAT much of a difference on a single 15 kinda close to the floor ish..

They say port back sub up makes a small difference.. but.. like i said i think in your case its negligible.. sub up port back does allow you to throw shit in the back with a lil more recklessness.. i know i had a ton of trunk room (sub back port back) on my 15 setup.. but i still had to turn it off if i had grocerys back there cause i was worried about speaker slap.

OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
I think for what you want.. id go with cosmetics.. i personally dont see it making THAT much of a difference on a single 15 kinda close to the floor ish..

They say port back sub up makes a small difference.. but.. like i said i think in your case its negligible.. sub up port back does allow you to throw shit in the back with a lil more recklessness.. i know i had a ton of trunk room (sub back port back) on my 15 setup.. but i still had to turn it off if i had grocerys back there cause i was worried about speaker slap.

That's a key point!
I used to have 3 type-r 12" port back, sub pack and it slapped.
Then when I went 4 type-r 12" port back, subs up it was perfect.

I'm an alpine fan boy haha if you haven't noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
01greentahoe