What rear shocks for 2/3 bell tech kit 2009 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickp98

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my rear shockS on my Non autoride 2009 Tahoe. I have the 2/3 Belltech kit and the rear is a little rough and i am looking for a different shock. My truck has 44k on it so I figure it's time. I was thinking of oem or bilstein. Any reccomendations would be great.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
before you do anything did you cut the rear bumpstop brackets off? do that even with 3 inch drop will ride better.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do this rather than replacing the bump stop with the belltech supplied replacement one?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if it bottoms out yeah i just cut the bracket off on the frame.

OP
OP
N

nickp98

Reaction score
Well maybe this is a silly question but why not just take out the bumpstop? Also can u send me pricing on bilstein 5100 shocks?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you already have the shock relocators? If not, add them first. They made a big difference to the way my Tahoe rode/rides.

OP
OP
N

nickp98

Reaction score
Yes I have them in. I have narrowed my issue with th ride to the shocks. Ihave tried many things and they all fall onto the shocks.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did all new billstein hds all around and they feel noticeably better than oem.
going to look into shock relocators and possibly a drop and sway bars to make it feel a little tighter.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say relocators, do you mean the extenders that come with lowering kits? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No Life Jr