What you guys pay for your 4wd Tahoe 2009 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerStudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What you guys pay for your 4wd 2009 LTZ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the market for another Tahoe....trading in my 2008 4wd LT tahoe for a newer 4wd LTZ....Just trying to see what most people are paying around here so I have an idea on what I should be paying for one.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

elbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours was made about 3wks ago and bought about 2 wks ago.

2009 Tahoe, Black 4WD LTZ

Around 57000 msrp.......sun sound entertainment pack + s80 wheels

Paid 50000 even ($7k off MSRP), but also with 0% for 72 mos.

Current rebate is $6000 (so could have had it for $44k), but 0% for 72 mos is worth more than $6k (probably $9k over 6 yrs)). I financed the whole thing and had them write me a check for my trade.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one a week ago but it was a demo so it's hard to compare. I know that I was told by the same dealer that if i wanted one of the new ones on the lot it would have cost another $5600 or so. I paid $44k before my $2k in gm points. Has 6k miles on it. but is fully loaded stickered $55,7xx. if that helps any. keep in mind i also got the $2k off for old inventory. Best of luck with your truck. I know I love mine!!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no doubt! I can wait 5 years if I only have to pay 1/5th of that :)

elbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a 4wd ltz, loaded?

1/5th? Good luck man!

:supergay:

I'd guess in 5 years it'll be worth around $22,000, hardly 1/5th of the $41,000 I realistically paid for it.

Hell, even valuing it as me paying $44,000 (which, I paid lower, in real life math terms) makes it 50% value retained in 5 years.

I just traded in a 2008 Avalanche Z71 4x4 that I bought for $35,500 in Feb 2008 (sticker 46k). It had a $1000 dent, 21k miles and I still got $32,500 for it, and that price has nothing to do with "inflate the price of new to raise the trade", etc. I don't deal that way.

I can name about 6 other cars I bought brand new and got good value for after driving them 36-60k miles, etc. 2004 Ford Expedition, 2002 Ford F150, 2004 Silverado VHO, etc.

I may know a thing or two about buying brand new cars instead of thinking I'm a wise miser for buying used. I almost always get a heck of a lot of my value back. And, I'm always driving a nice, new car, with a warranty.

Reaction score
Vehicles depreciate to quickly to buy brand new.....you got what you got because you traded it in.....believe me you did not come out positively financial no mater how you look at it. Plus you payments are $850-$1000mth. Like Eagle said i would wait a couple of years a buy used. I bought my last Tahoe LT3 with 70,000 well documented miles for $23,000 wic i just chalk up as money saved, but if someone did not take that initial hit in the wallet I would not be able to buy used so I thank you.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well than I'll wait 7 :)

I was rounding sticker up to 60 (tt&L) and looking at what my 03 is worth.

I figure they'll hold value about like my 03 LT (also loaded) did ($12k, 82k, mint).
Though i must admit there are an awful lot of 04's around with ASKING prices of 19k... they are not remotely worth that price.

As far as the somewhat snarky comment at the end (and I apologize if I am misreading you as snarky when it wasn;t intended to be so):

you are paying $366 per month in depreciation PLUS what ever your car payment is for driving an 09.
$366 + higher insurances costs + much higher sales tax + car payment...
Is your warranty really worth $366 a month?

my last car I lost $1500 dollars on... 3k if you count all the maintenance, euro conversion, and 5 speed conversion i did myself in my own garage. That was 25,000 miles and 3 years of use... or $83 a month.

I'm glad you think it is worth it though, because that means I can buy one cheap later that is well cared for! :)

I want a hybrid Tahoe in 6 years to save gas on my 1-2 mile jaunts to school and back. :)

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a 2008 Sierra that i paid 27k and got $27k back (had it a year and tok rebates in lieu of financing).. I put down $7500 on it and got back a net of $8800 as i only owed 18.1k. This was the only reason i traded it in. because the used full size market is through the roof and has been that way since around March. As for paying as much as i did (42k), but with my 8800 down, only financing roughly 33-34k at 4.5% is not a bad deal at all for such a vehicle. I plan on paying this truck off in 3 years by using my tax returns, retro pay as my contract will be settled some time in the future (worth anywhere from 4-6k) and the $509/mo on my other car that goes back in January. Hell it might be paid off in two years God willing lol!

coffey3303

Reaction score
my 2010 is like....50 k or so? im getting the dealerships price my dad used to own it, buttt i think msrp is like...57 or so, ltz loaded out, not really sure tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968