What's the best year 2015-2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear shocks are the only auto leveling part so they need air lines to raise the height when you hook up a trailer or carry a heater load inside the rig. The front doesn’t have auto leveling so no air is needed. The front uses electronic signals to tell the shocks how soft or firm to be based on input from several sensors throughout the rig.

Z82 includes wiring for trailer connectors and possibly an electric brake controller among other things.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found really nice looking 2017 Tahoe premiere. 5.3 with 6 speed . Only thing confusing is . What's the Z82 trailering package I don't see a tranny cooler unless I'm looking at the wrong spot. and what's with the Z95 shocks rear shocks only have an airline going to them. Front ones have a wire going to them.
Z82 only includes the hitch with the electrical connectors. It does not include enhanced cooling, though the transmission cooler was integrated with the AC condenser so you may still have the cooler. I believe pretty much all K2xx rigs came with the external transmission cooler this way.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z82 only includes the hitch with the electrical connectors. It does not include enhanced cooling, though the transmission cooler was integrated with the AC condenser so you may still have the cooler. I believe pretty much all K2xx rigs came with the external transmission cooler this way.
It says it has a tranny cooler and it makes sense why I couldn't find if it was integrated with the condenser. Thanks and year has 7 pin connector and receiver. I don't see no controller suppose you can add that..

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear shocks are the only auto leveling part so they need air lines to raise the height when you hook up a trailer or carry a heater load inside the rig. The front doesn’t have auto leveling so no air is needed. The front uses electronic signals to tell the shocks how soft or firm to be based on input from several sensors throughout the rig.

Z82 includes wiring for trailer connectors and possibly an electric brake controller among other things.
They must have a wire going to rear air shocks also some where . Z95 I seen there is wire going to the front shocks .It rides really nice . Thanks ..

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240816-093236-253.png
Here's the one we found was out of Canada . It has everything except Max towing and it has a single speed transfer case . Otherwise it has every option you can dream of Blu-ray and DVD for the rear buckets for the second row. Moonroof adaptive cruise . Magneride ,not looking forward to the day that I have to replace them shocks. Thanks for all the input on which one to buy. Has a super nice ride.. I will just see how many miles we put on it.. it's got the five year warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samzigrossi