where have my balls gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she doesn't seem to be as powerful as she used to be. i'm sure all of you have also experienced this. I'm thinking a slight tune up which includes changing the plugs and wires, fuel additive. and while i'm at that, i'm going to change my cylinder head caps for chrome ones. maybe i can pull out some sludge with my fingers

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're lacking power, a little tune up is the best way to go for the first step. Sorry for being a dumbass but what do you mean by cylinder head caps. Valve covers or what?

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're lacking power, a little tune up is the best way to go for the first step. Sorry for being a dumbass but what do you mean by cylinder head caps. Valve covers or what?

lol i've never heard of cylinder head caps either

98hoe

Reaction score
seafoam that hoe when u change ur oil while ur add it... definately worth it

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes excuse my poor language thats just what i call them theyre the valve covers.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Before you replace the plugs, perform a fuel system cleaning....basically it cleans the intake and top end of the engine. Seafoam does part of the job, but the one I'm talking about is a professional grade clean-up that goes beyond just the vacuum feed. Once you've done that, you can replace the plugs.

If you're wanting to go more indepth in the intake area, you can replace (upgrade) the fuel spider and add a VMax spacer for additional TQ/HP.

If you've got sludge, I'd also suggest switching to synthetic oil. I switched over at ~100-150k miles... got 253k on the clock now and no sludge. :D

kope

Reaction score
I went to synthetic this last oil change and my truck after about a 1000 miles on it started to run ALOT better, and i average 15mpg and i was getting 13.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968