White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I managed to get the rear doors painted....this is starting to shape up! All in all the vinyl is pretty easy to paint, I decided not to use the HVLP gun. I didn't want to overshoot my doors and risk uneven coverage whatsoever.

Taping up the perf vinyl inserts:
DSC01464.jpg

Fresh out of the booth:
DSC01469.jpg

Couple finished pics:
DSC01465.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you mind doing a write up on exactly how you paint the panels

like step by step, prep, paints all that good stuff I've been dying to get my panels done but don't want to have to redo it after it gets scratched

thanks boss!

Ya I sure will, don't have time right now though. I will put together a step by step with some of the pics I've taken over the last few months. It's a TON of labor and takes practice painting.

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The speaker grills are sandblasted too, not sure when I'll paint em though, maybe tomorrow night. That's the craziness about this swap, it's all the details!

DSC01472.jpg

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did u use sem paint?

Yessir...actually ended up with black toner which is the black base paint for any color, I added 30% flat in the final mix.

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a little hard to make out in the pictures, but the perf inserts are just slightly more matte than the door itself...the arm rests are going to be that same perf with a french stitch along the entire outside corner.... in white thread of course ..to match the grab handle and the seats.

B

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i just did this for my car but i used the can lol came out rly good, look at my build of my monte dont want to hoe up u posts lol

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just did this for my car but i used the can lol came out rly good, look at my build of my monte dont want to hoe up u posts lol

Is it still holding up? Mine seems pretty tough....but I know there will be some touch up someday - there's just no getting around scuffing up stuff even tho this isn't my daily driver ...obviously LOL

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
my grilles got scratched easily especially the back doors you think if I sandblasted them it would help keep the paint on them?

back doors look sexy! makes me want to go buy some paint and get started since my doors are really the only BOLD tan left in my car that stand out the most

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar