White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my grilles got scratched easily especially the back doors you think if I sandblasted them it would help keep the paint on them?

Definitely will help to blast em, you should take em somewhere unless you have a pretty powerful compressor to do it. Blasting requires some good compressor strength.

Paint doesn't stick well to old paint. Plus, if you use almost any adhesion promoter on old paint, the promoter can eat into the old paint depending on what type it is. It will definitely eat SEM Surecoat like it was water to sugar.

back doors look sexy!

b

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me just say, if anyone is thinking of doing this be prepared to have a ton of patience... LOL!!

B

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
dont know yet they are boxe up and waiting to go back in the car, car has to be painted 1st, hope by the summer its on the road ripping shit uppp

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been feeling well lately, home sick from work even...not sure if I can get to do anything today :(

Baby and I both have bad allergies ugh

B

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that yall are having a Houston truck meet. I will be in Houston for TX2k10 during that time frame and I will be in my freshly bagged dually. PM me your number and I will call you when we are out there and try and get up to see what is going on.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that yall are having a Houston truck meet. I will be in Houston for TX2k10 during that time frame and I will be in my freshly bagged dually. PM me your number and I will call you when we are out there and try and get up to see what is going on.

Hey bro, I will send out a mass email tomorrow for this meetup. We are going to stop somewhere in Houston on our way from Austin before heading out to the park so we can all meet each other

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was wrong, you 'can' paint the grab handles :)
DSC01489.jpg

Here's one of the pics that will become part of the write up, it shows how the top layer of wax buildup, years of Armor-All, chemicals and mold-release chemicals have been removed from the plastic to prepare for paint. You can see I only prepped half the piece in this photo....the plastic itself is dulled out, but it's not sanded even thought it looks that way:
DSC01486.jpg

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
so how about I send you my interior and you paint it for me :)

how did you do the handles?
I wrapped my b-pillar in black vinyl and have a tan handle still, there is NO way I'm wrapping it in vinyl

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so how about I send you my interior and you paint it for me :)

how did you do the handles?
I wrapped my b-pillar in black vinyl and have a tan handle still, there is NO way I'm wrapping it in vinyl

Ya you really can't wrap it in vinyl unless you do sections and stitches, these pieces are heat molded onto the handles with factory vinyl...you have to have some high end equipment that most interior shops dont have.

On the handles there are a couple screws under the plastic pillar piece that hold it on

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa