White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you done yet i want to c it done

It's probably like 14 days out LOL! That's the day of the truck meet.... *fingers crossed

I did pop off my 3rd brake light and install the LED version to match my tails:
1222-0112.jpg

Also picked up a few exterior pieces that I'm having to modify and paint...not gunna post those up just yet
B

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
nice wishd ppl by me did this stuff i would b all over helpin ppl out. gl on the count down

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice wishd ppl by me did this stuff i would b all over helpin ppl out. gl on the count down

Hyell ya, I seriously wished Jeff and I lived in the same town..we knock shit out man

B

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a little while and like what I see! I have a question: Is the SEM paint you're using out of a can or is it mixed? I thought SEM was only rattle can but your post mentioning the matte mix is what has me thinking...

Can't wait to see more!

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a little while and like what I see! I have a question: Is the SEM paint you're using out of a can or is it mixed? I thought SEM was only rattle can but your post mentioning the matte mix is what has me thinking...

Can't wait to see more!

Hey bro, the SEM paint is pre-mixed to the color you pick and comes in quarts, pints and gallons. You can order flattner to remove the sheen from the paint, and test the different concentrations that fit the look you want. I personally went with straight black toner, then added 30% flattner to get a semi-matte look.

Once you add your flat, you have to shake the paint - I take mine to HomeDepot for every major spray session, then shake it every time I pour paint out. (Flattner doesn't suspend in the paint so it easily floats) I also added some reducer to be able to spray it, and then added cross linker so the paint holds up against abrasions and chemicals. (AS best it can anyway...so far I'm impressed)

You can contact the guys at vinylpro.com and they are very helpful :)

In order to do this, you're going to need a pretty good size compressor and a paint gun, and I highly recommend a temp paint boot..the atomized spray has even gotten through my setup and I thought it was pretty damn tight!

Don't forget to get filters for when you pour the paint into the gun's cup, it will keep the fine dust and other contaminants out of the gun. The guys at vinylpro recommend HVLP guns (high volume low pressure) but I oversprayed too much with that one. SO even though a non-HVLP can waste more paint by spraying at a higher psi, I had the best success with the non-HVLP gun. (And they're cheaper too)

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the doors are coming together now. Speaker grills were prepped after blasting them and I finally painted them. Should have the arm rests done by middle of the week, really looking forward to the final product! Gunna put on the chrome door handles today after I finish the final plastic pieces for the headliner and install that big basterrrd!

DSC01492.jpg

I wanted to put this pic up because it shows the vinyl wrap on the door handle inserts. I figured it would get scratched to hell if I painted em, so I sprayed a door and went down to a local interior shop to pick out some matching vinyl. It took me almost 1.5hrs to decide on the vinyl to match the matte black..
DSC01490.jpg

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm in anticipation to see final pics!! Those painted doors above look HOT, you're gonna have the hottest interior of all NBS models when its all done.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my speaker grills scratch VERY easy too...not looking fwd to takeing the panels off to repaint them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES