Who has the highest miles thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Tahoe 4x4 4 door. get ready. this will be a LONG list for a Verry abused Truck.
I got her for free with 160,000 miles 11 months ago and this is what ive done so far.

spark plug wires

EGR Delete

Engine temp sensor

Silverado rims

BF Goodrich Mud terrains

oil pressure sensor

subwoofers

under hood light

trailer lighting harness

rear break drums

rear wheel cylinder

rear seats folding mechanism

Fog light install

second battery install

:::(now for the blown engine part 1)::: ** Blew the Head Gaskets ** 175,000
Head Gaskets Job including Machined Heads

:::(now for the blown engine part 2)::: ** Blew Cylinder #2 connector rod bearing ** 180,000

connector rod Bearings

Main Bearings

timing set

high pressure oil pump

Machined Crankshaft

Rebuilt Rear diff, (She Was Chewed to Pieces)

New Steering Column

Rear wiper motor

A/c blower

fuel pump

a/c Leak fix

rear Drive shaft U Joints

transfer case seal to stop a leak

drivers door hinge pins

level front suspension

idler pulley

belt tensioner

belt tensioner pulley

spark plugs

interior door handles front

new interior Light bulbs

new distributor with rotor and cap, (( torque overload made the Camshaft gear completely tear up the gear on the distributor. had metal chunks in my oil pan.))

new hardware for rear break drums

lower temp thermostat so the engine runs a bit cooler.

new Belt
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
And thats honestly all i can remember for now... i STILL have to

change out the Rear interior door handles

new hood, Gloss black paint job

lift kit

HID's

New shocks

suspension work front and rear

alignment

A/C compressor

and now i Have to Rebuild my transmission because i lost 4th gear on my way back from naples the other day.....
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And at 22,000 miles later, 11 months. she's at 182,000 miles.. still chugging along... :) shes been more than a headache then you could possibly imagine. but she's still my classic baby and i will continue in my endeavors to restore her :)

SO TELL ME, What have YOU done to your baby lately? cause i know ive been VERY Busy :)

Blakesdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe, I'm going to turn 350k in less than a week. Need to change my instrument panel sooner than later.. Water pump was replaced at 240k. My 4x4 control module had to be changed at 200K.. other than that, no real complaints and happy as a pig in "s"

fuzzyimage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pushing 220k on my 02 and only a water pump, an AC blend door actuator, and starter to speak of. Otherwise, vehicle is "Tip Top"

Cscottsss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, this is good to hear. Just bought my 04 Z71 Tahoe with 150k. Hopefully I can get another 100k out of her.

PB1

Reaction score
I have 182,500 on my 01 hoe. I have did the usual like breaks, and tune ups. Original transmission and honestly it still runs like a champ, most of the time...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

*Update*
I have rolled over 11k in eight months. I'm sure to go over 200k this year. But due to sequestration, I'll have her a few more years.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Tahoe has 115000 so its just a baby. My 2000 Silverado is waiting for a trans at 190000 but I do things with that truck that make the duramax crew cringe. I pulled a front discharge concrete truck out of the mud, in 4low the truck was hopping off the ground. Also I pretty regularly pulled an 8000 lb trailer and skid steer combo. That truck had a hard life and it will rest for now, I start her once every 2 weeks to keep things good and my buddy is going to buy it next month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968