Window trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey fam - looking to replace my Yukon denali chrome window trim with black. Ordered the parts and they are on their way. Anyone done this? any tips how to remove the current ones?

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nobody replaced these? any ideas anyone?

Cleach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can buy the pieces on GMpartsdirect.com. I'm just wondering how the install is.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are like the 07-14 they just slide off and new ones slide on. easy peasy, just takes a plastic trim tool to lift the edge up on the end and pull it off.

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just started and this isnon the upper right, anyone know how this comes off? does not seem like a screw but now sure. Anyone know?IMG_4840.jpegIMG_4843.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a rivet, so probably have to drill it out and get a rivet tool and rivets from the auto parts store to insert a new one after you replace the trim piece.
if you try to pry it off it's going to damage the hole the rivet goes it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just drill out that center hole, go slow once it gets right about 1/4" or less it should just fall apart

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people are cheap and have them wrapped rather than replacing them. I think most of them pieces on this body style have rivets, so you’ll have to drill those out and put in new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CraneDudeUSA