Wix v NAPA Gold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was just told that the NAPA Gold oil filter is no longer made by Wix any truth to that??

we buy tons of napa filters and wix filters from different vendors. it seems like some part numbers are the same filter and some aren't. I feel like napa rebrands whatever is the cheapest in that part number. so I don't know if the ls filter is a wix or not since we don't have anything in the fleet that uses those numbers.

but on a side note, both are cheap filters that test badly in these days tests. it honestly doesn't matter. it will be a cheap wix rebrand or another cheap filter rebrand of the same ish quality.

the oem filter is better. or any of the other 3 or brands that test better at trapping small particles while still flowing well.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but on a side note, both are cheap filters that test badly in these days tests. it honestly doesn't matter. it will be a cheap wix rebrand or another cheap filter rebrand of the same ish quality.

Everything that I have heard was that the Wix filter are one of the best to use...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
WIX, all the time, any time. I have used them for years, personally and in shops. Never ever a problem and WIX repeatedly scores high in tests. I had heard that NAPA Gold was WIX. Did not care. Still used WIX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drodk29