Worst day of my life...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If last wednesday was the best day of my life (so far), today was the worst day of my life. We disassembled the blown tranny, and it looked... sad. Total destruction. Front planetary gear was blown and pieces were all over. It looks that only part that can be reused from this tranny, is the output shaft. There was deep scrathces on transmission case, so I can't even use that...

Suprisingly rear planetary gear was ok, I thought it's the part that mostly fail...

I have one burned M30/4L60E tranny from -00 Chevrolet Express, I think we'll disassemble it tomorrow and have a look if there's any parts that can be used... At least input/output shafts are different, I'm not sure about other internal parts.

SAM_0229_res.JPG

SAM_0231_res.JPG

SAM_0233_res.JPG

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch, good luck

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man, that sucks. Were you guys able to tell what gave out first to lead to such destruction?

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing that's sure is that rear planetary didn't broke ;)

We assumed that it was front planetary internal gear ring (not sure if this is right translation to english... but I mean the most outer ring with teeths only inside) that broke first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52