You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Drilled out the Z71 stops, we'll see how she rides with these:

Modified vs. Stock:
IMAG1584.jpg

Great idea Max-you always got some good ones. Let us know how that rides, i.e. any better then before, less or more bouncy, smoother, stiffer ect....

When I bought those Z71 stops off you, what a difference. Been riding with mine shaved n chopped for almost a year now, and felt better then stock, IMO. But would like to know how the holes effect the ride. Thought about it before, but never tried. Interested to see how it rides.

HK-DEMON-

Reaction score
Great thread! I wouldn't have posted a new thread if I would have seen this at an earlier time :lol2:.

Now, where do we actually purchase these bump stops from? My initial thought is from the dealer, correct? How much dough are we talking about?

I don't mind my Hoe sitting up a little higher as long as the ride quality improves. Once again, great thread and keep this updated please.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone. I got 'em installed. I shaved them down to see how it would ride with just shaved stops. So far so good. I'll put a hundred miles or so on them and if I'm not a fan, I'll add the "speed holes", LOL. For everyone asking about the crappy look, I just cut them with a bandsaw. I know there are better ways but this was quick and easy :shrug:

Trimmed stops:
IMG_20120718_153448.jpg

IMG_20120718_153429.jpg

I wanted to make sure I got the 1/2" drop I wanted so before I took apart the truck I measured hub to fender with the untrimmed stops and got 17.5". After trimming I got 17" dead so that was great! I took it for a spin around the block and found it still rode pretty well. Def firmer than before trimming but still good.

New measurements: 31"/32" F/R ground to fender and 17"/18" F/R hub to fender. I got my rake back and no more camber issues :D

IMG_20120718_162930.jpg

HK - Dealer, I think Max might have a set or two he can part with. They are priced between $15-$20/ea from the dealer.

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Ride is better with modified z71 stops, pretty comfortable given the height and it handles substantially well for how heavy it weighs. Worth the slight loss of ride quality for the end result. I may drill two additional holes in the open center but I really like the overall change in handling.

I'm tempted to try an airbump when I do the djm arms, might be the best way to dial in these lowered torsion bar trucks.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Differences between trimmed stock, drilled stock, Z71 stock stops:

IMAG1586.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That drilled stocker looks pretty nasty. I would be curious to see how the air bumpstop works.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
They were free so I figured what the hell :shrug: Gave me positive reinforcement toward modifying the Z71 stops. I need to rob a bank so I can buy everything I'd like to try on this thing. FML.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this will help you out Chip. If you have any questions, feel free to post them up here and I'll answer what I can and so will anyone else with info.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this will help you out Chip. If you have any questions, feel free to post them up here and I'll answer what I can and so will anyone else with info.

You already did Brother! Great job! Thanks! I have replaced almost everything up front (shocks, shock extenders, upper control arms, alignment, sway bar links, etc.) just trying to fix that same (OP) issue. I sure wish I would've seen this thread six months ago.......but that's what I get for not searching. lol.

Thanks again Alex!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts