You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't give up just yet, I'll have a resolution once I install my arms in a few weeks. Got a couple tricks up my sleeve :D

keep in touch..i havent even driven the truck in a week..its more enjoyable to drive the 97 grand am that over heats and has no muffler..:lol2:

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't give up just yet, I'll have a resolution once I install my arms in a few weeks. Got a couple tricks up my sleeve :D

I will definitely follow this! I've been wanting to swap my keys for arms for a while now.

What do you think about my 2" shock extenders? Shuold I just get rid of them? I want to level the front out (if possible), but ride quality is really the most important thing.

What would you do if you were me?.....................and thanks again!

What's your full suspension setup (components, modifications)? I see a lot of rake in your sig pic.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I will definitely follow this! I've been wanting to swap my keys for arms for a while now.

airbump.jpg

or

Daystar-StingerBumpStops.jpg

or

91032_AirBump.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Those are soo cool. I wish I had a larger budget so I could experiment with a set on my truck.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well to get the 3" drop from the arms, my keys are almost completely decranked..I wish I would have just gone with spindles and keys to get me at a 3"...there is like a 3-4" gap from the arms to bumpstops..and there is no "pad" on the arms for the bumpstop to rest on

Something doesnt sound right man. I just installed DJM 3" arms and the ride is just as good as stock. Just looked at my bumpstops which are stock and they are sitting about 1" from hitting the arm. Who installed your drop arms? Almost sounds like the torsion bar isnt indexed with the arm correctly or maybe not indexed to the keys correctly?

Mike

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
^^ Those are soo cool. I wish I had a larger budget so I could experiment with a set on my truck.

The poly daystars are pretty cheap, I'm gonna try to use those first. Might be easier to weld the cups for the pro comp airbumps though. I'm not a very good welder so my homie is gonna help with the hard stuff. Just takes time, budgets suck.

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesnt sound right man. I just installed DJM 3" arms and the ride is just as good as stock. Just looked at my bumpstops which are stock and they are sitting about 1" from hitting the arm. Who installed your drop arms? Almost sounds like the torsion bar isnt indexed with the arm correctly or maybe not indexed to the keys correctly?

Mike

+1

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Dude those are gonna ride so nice. Just gotta get creative with mounting but will be SICK!!

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mike

I installed them..maybe i am only about an inch or so from bumpstops, but im still completely decranked..maybe i did set them up wrong? did i put the key on one part turn too much or something? everything went together nicely..one thing is im still on the djm shocks that came with the arms, and tony said he doesnt use those anymore..i really dont want to change shocks AGAIN though lol

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Good thread Alex and fellas! Yeah Nick... I am the same way you are in the front. I just cut my whole bumpstop and pad out because they were'nt even closr to touching when under load(bout 3/4 of inch away). And we put torsion back in the same way they came out( we put soapstone marks inseveral spots) Now I'm not all the way de-cranked cause the torsion bar jumped so much. I turned them two full turns up and no more torsion bar bounce over bumps.
I've been a minitrucker all my life so I guess the uncomfortable-ness is something I am used to....Front end could be better I guess.....

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed them..maybe i am only about an inch or so from bumpstops, but im still completely decranked..maybe i did set them up wrong? did i put the key on one part turn too much or something? everything went together nicely..one thing is im still on the djm shocks that came with the arms, and tony said he doesnt use those anymore..i really dont want to change shocks AGAIN though lol

I'd double check the distance between bumpstop and the arm. If it really is more than 1-1.5" and you're completely decranked on the keys, I'd start looking to see if the torsion bars are not indexed correctly. Can you describe the ride you're getting now? Is it just stiff, too loose or??? Might just be the shocks. I'd ya ask for fender heights, but with 24's I'm not sure how tall you should be with the arms and completely decranked. I'd be willing to bet that your ride would improve with the keys cranked up a bit though. I'm just trying to help ya figure out why yours seems to ride so bad while everyone else who has the DJM arms says they ride great??? Having such a great looking ride is a shame to not want to drive it because it rides horrible.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts