Yukon leaks/bubbling/humming? Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it is my first GM so unfortunately I'm worried about every little thing but I have a few things that I am concerned with that maybe some of yall can help me with.

First, when I accelerate moderately hard I hear almost like a bubbling sound in the engine bay on the right in front of the passenger. I pop the hood and I can see where a few things are leaking. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and understand how an engine works but understanding an engine in theory and understanding an engine in real life are two different things. Here are the two things that are leaking and I don't know if the bubbling is coming from here. (This is my first time posting pictures so hopefully it works right.)
One picture is the picture of where it is located at in the engine bay.

The other picture has some green liquid on top of it and that it what is leaking a little harder. It looks like I can tighten it but I wanted to make sure with someone on here beforehand and I wanted to know what it was first off. After I drove it hard, flooring it once there was more liquid that had leaked while I heard more bubbling so I believe that is it.

The next picture is the other part that is leaking but its not leaking bad, I don't really think that is what is it but it is leaking somewhat.

Also, when I am on the throttle the engine makes a humming/whistling sound almost like if I had mud tires on the truck. The sound stays the same regardless of when the engine shifts so it is only present when I am on the throttle. I was thinking perhaps the stock air intake but the sound just starts low and increases as I increase in speed but once again it doesn't change at all when the engine shifts.

Also, while I was getting this Yukon inspected before I bought it, the dealer told me that I needed a new AC belt and I also needed to replace the front right differential seal. Are these hard things to replace? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG00193-20100707-0839 (3).jpg
    IMG00193-20100707-0839 (3).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00191-20100707-0839 (1).jpg
    IMG00191-20100707-0839 (1).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG00192-20100707-0839 (2).jpg
    IMG00192-20100707-0839 (2).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Y

Yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a few notes. You can see where the liquid has been leaking at below the hose in pic 2. Also in pic 3, the thing that is leaking is the clamp(?) that has the nut and bolt coming out of it in the very middle of the pic. It seems it may only be leaking water.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess nobody has an idea. I figured out it is an air conditioning line leaking the green stuff and that explains some stuff since my AC isn't in good condition. If anybody is good with fixing the AC that would be great. I still have no idea why it is bubbling or why it is humming so loud but any comments or guidance would help.

z86trev

Reaction score
I would bet that the bubbling sound you hear on acceleration is coming from the heater core. My Impala used to do it, but I flushed it out and bled all of the air out of the system and was good to go. I did it twice on the car the first two years i had it. The third year i had to replace the heater core.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Dont know too much about ac systems, but if you can see the green stuff leaking out, it may just be an O-ring. You can probably just replace it and then give it a charge. However, if you have never messed with ac, leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. An old friend of mine tried topping his off, even though it was working fine, and he blew out his compressor. THats where it starts getting real expensive.
Make sure the stock intake is on correctly.
good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sprocket-707