AFM Disable Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to buy the credits no matter if its used or new. Unless the used one had a full unlock of the year/model vehicle.

the first Gen came with 6 credits preloaded. most people only used 2 for the engine and maybe one for the tranny. normally they will still have credit. last one I saw listed on a corvette board still had all 6.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first Gen came with 6 credits preloaded. most people only used 2 for the engine and maybe one for the tranny. normally they will still have credit. last one I saw listed on a corvette board still had all 6.
Ahh, would be nice if they still did that. Does HP even still support the gen 1?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like support meaning repair it? nah they won't do anything and warranty long up.

but it works as normal and you can load credits. it also works with the old versions of their software before the epa got involved, and if you haven't updated your computer you still have access to what you probably shouldn't. I believe this is what makes them valuable(especially diesel guys). hpt says that's not the case they haven't removed any functionality, just made it harder to access.(which just means shifting the blame to users and not the company providing the software, single users being to small to be worth going after, people and companies profiing off deletes is the epa target) (which I'm honestly fine with that model, if you're smart enough to use software to tune your own car/truck you're not the problem) I don't know for sure. Just what I catch reading around.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if all of the old functions are available, but if you take a quick online quiz, you do unlock some features normally locked out.

But if people are specifically looking for the older models, there must be SOME reason..

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: PASSED SMOG

After listening to Marky D, went on a highway drive for 30-45 minutes, all monitors set. Passed smog inspection.
AFM tuned out, not a problem! (Sacramento, California) Thank reasonable-ness..

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: PASSED SMOG
After listening to Marky Dissod, went on a highway drive for 30-45 minutes, all monitors set. Passed smog inspection.
AFM tuned out, not a problem! (Sacramento, California) Thank reasonable-ness ...
My understanding of the California tailpipe emissions test is as follows:
With a sniffer stuck up your vehicle's bum, the engine runs in Park / Neutral at idle and at a higher RpM (what RpM?) for a certain period of time (how may secs?)
Or do they still use a dyno?
Please, improve my understanding of the California bum sniffer test procedure?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He pulled up and put my front wheels on the rollers! (no rolling, although the rollers were rolling when I left..) Plugged into OBD port..
Maybe checked that the check engine light works, visual inspection of engine compartment.
Revved up engine in park, about 2500 rpms for about 5-10 secs for the sniffer..

Years past I had a buddy who got failed by a smog tech because the tech thought he had aftermarket headers, but they were just factory headers on a mustang 5.0. He brought it back and got it taken care of, but that was even his own brother's shop he took it to! CARB probably do their best to intimidate the techs with threats of losing their license.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He pulled up and put my front wheels on the rollers! (no rolling, although the rollers were rolling when I left..) Plugged into OBD port..
Maybe checked that the check engine light works, visual inspection of engine compartment.
Revved up engine in park, about 2500 rpms for about 5-10 secs for the sniffer..
Glad to hear you got it tuned out and passed inspection, but sheesh does that sound like a lot of wasted tax payers $ and resources on a silly and futile effort on their part.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking all that extra driving to smog stations (and to clear monitors!) might offset any 'gross polluters' they might retire..
Business opportunities for someone I suppose...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here