My Stereo and Sub Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not like the place of the gps antenna i think you should do what i did and run it through the dash to the vin number opening its metal under there and its not completly coverd, just a thought rather than having smth extra on your dash.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I honestly do not like the place of the gps antenna i think you should do what i did and run it through the dash to the vin number opening its metal under there and its not completly coverd, just a thought rather than having smth extra on your dash.

It's already been moved once I learned it could be put underneath.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ThanksNC for the info!

I am not doing an after market amp yet, and i know the BOSE are set at like 1.9-2 ohms. I've always understood that putting in regular 4-ohm after market speakers in because of that will sound like crap.
Maybe I can find some 2-ohm Door Speakers, then technically i shouldnt have any issues?

Either way the Bose have to go. They break up, buzz etc, pretty much at the half-way mark.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread dig, but am I seeing correctly that you have a USB extension that fits perfectly in the factory cigarette lighter and allows the cover to close? So when you plug something in to that outlet, it goes directly to the head unit?

If so, I must have one! Where did you get it?

EDIT: God dammit, it's a sticky in this subforum. :doh2:

Sorry, I've been searching through forums for hours today preparing to do a stereo install and apparently forgot to also use my eyeballs, not just the search feature.

Anyway, clean install man! Great work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93