My Stereo and Sub Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my old PAC. I would recommend using the iDatalink Maestro Module. Its easier to flash and you can retain 90+% of your factory options if you want.
Thanks! I looked it up and it said not compatible with my 2014 Ltz. I called my local shop and they all said it's a different harness for the 13-14's and the dash and wiring out the door would be $375,

I would rather do it myself, as far as the PAC's go, the OS-3 that was in my Yukon had those little glitches, but the one for my new truck they want to install is the RP5-Gm32. I can get that at crutchfield with the dash kit for $133.

Last edited:

clemson01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you bypass the bose amp? If so how?. I installed a system in my 07 tahoe. door speakers are powered by my kenwood which is going to the bose amp and causing static only on my door speakers ,I also installed 4 6x9 that are going to a separate amp. I have no static on those

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Looks really good, I am about to put my Pioneer 4700 in my '14 Tahoe. I am about to order my harness, I've had the truck a week now, and thats about enough of the factory radio/non-bluetooth I can stand.
Does it sound good? Did you notice anything different, lower volume output, door chime, fader not available etc? I know that some people experience this with the PAC harnesses, and I was curious how the Axxess worked for you, because I want to order what works. The PAC in my '05 Denali made the sound a hair more quiet, and had a low speaker feedback (like when you turn the volume up loud and hit pause) at the time, the shop blamed it on the Bose harness.. I'm doing some of what you did minus the onstar...

Thanks

Thanks! The main thing I noticed is that the door chime is a lot louder. Other than that the harness works great. Very straightforward and easy to use.

Did you bypass the bose amp? If so how?. I installed a system in my 07 tahoe. door speakers are powered by my kenwood which is going to the bose amp and causing static only on my door speakers ,I also installed 4 6x9 that are going to a separate amp. I have no static on those

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am honestly not sure. I just hooked up all the harnesses and such. I would assume the bose amp is still in place as the Axxess hooks up to the stock connectors. I didn't not hook up anything. I don't have any static or feedback at all.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I just installed an Alpine 009X-GM head unit set up and i installed the GPS antenna under the dash where you have yours above. You need to take off the drivers side A-piller to prop open enough of the dash to hide the antenna and wire in. As for the microphone, on my last Pioneer deck i installed the microphone on the steering column behind the steering wheel. It works best there in my opinion. Dulls out any wind/ road noise.
I'll definitely look into putting my mic there. My other idea was to put it up under the sunroof control panel where there's that small set of holes that would allow sound to pass through.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3rd row does NOT fit with this particular box which is kind of a bummer but it does fit in between the second row seats so I can always put it there if I need the 3rd row which I rarely, if ever, will use.
The system sound great! Really happy with it. I will most likely end up doing speakers later but for now this is good.

The Pioneer unit is awesome as well. I was between this and the NEX series units. The main differences were that this unit has a better touch interface (until you get to the 7100,8100) and the NEX has a CD/DVD player. I don't remember the last time I used a CD so I opted for this one which was also cheaper. Plus I like that it doesn't have physical buttons on it that stick out which I personally don't like. The interface is great and carplay is cool as well. I just wish it worked with Google Maps on my iPhone instead of apple maps.

Hope this was helpful to someone out there. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask![/QUOTE]

How did your sound quality come out with the Axxess harness? I just installed my Pioneer 4700 with the PAC-GM32 kit over the weekend & it was kinda a pain getting it to work with everything, even though my kit came with all the retention stuff. (gotta call crutchfield, back up camera doesnt working with harness)

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it integrate with your factory rear view camera, or did you have to install a new one? Also, when backing up, does it have those grid lines on the screen that turn in the direction of the steering wheel? That actually helps out tons when backing into a tight spot.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
The 3rd row does NOT fit with this particular box which is kind of a bummer but it does fit in between the second row seats so I can always put it there if I need the 3rd row which I rarely, if ever, will use.
The system sound great! Really happy with it. I will most likely end up doing speakers later but for now this is good.

The Pioneer unit is awesome as well. I was between this and the NEX series units. The main differences were that this unit has a better touch interface (until you get to the 7100,8100) and the NEX has a CD/DVD player. I don't remember the last time I used a CD so I opted for this one which was also cheaper. Plus I like that it doesn't have physical buttons on it that stick out which I personally don't like. The interface is great and carplay is cool as well. I just wish it worked with Google Maps on my iPhone instead of apple maps.

Hope this was helpful to someone out there. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

How did your sound quality come out with the Axxess harness? I just installed my Pioneer 4700 with the PAC-GM32 kit over the weekend & it was kinda a pain getting it to work with everything, even though my kit came with all the retention stuff. (gotta call crutchfield, back up camera doesnt working with harness)

I think the sound quality is great with it. No issues that I can hear. Very clear.

Did it integrate with your factory rear view camera, or did you have to install a new one? Also, when backing up, does it have those grid lines on the screen that turn in the direction of the steering wheel? That actually helps out tons when backing into a tight spot.

I did retain my factory rear view camera. There was a harness that hooked up to the factory connections. It has the option for the gridlines and the guide lines but I have them turned off. You have to set them to be accurate. They don't come automatically setup. A few minutes is all it would take to set them up to be useful.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this was helpful to someone out there. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask![/QUOTE]

How are your door speakers with that interface? I went with the PAC-audio and this one doesn't allow fading to the rear. All my highs/mids are mainly up front, the door speakers, tweets, center speaker. My rear speakers only put out about 25% of the output. It sounds weird where you have all the main output in the front seat, yet all the bass pounding from the very rear. ALmost sounds like only the front speakers are on.

My 2005 Denali that I had was a lot more balanced and you could hear the highs almost throughout the whole car. Maybe replacing the door speakers and getting an external amp will fix this, I suppose that way I could turn up the middle doors & rear speakers..

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I get good high and miss in the back. Not as good as the front but definitely decent. I'm sitting in the back of my truck right now and the voice is clearly heard from the rear speakrrs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccbaugh