My Stereo and Sub Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, gotcha. Nice unit, it's cleaner and more factory looking since it's all touch screen with no hard buttons.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Okay, gotcha. Nice unit, it's cleaner and more factory looking since it's all touch screen with no hard buttons.
Thank you! I looked at quite a few different units and really liked the touch response on this one. Much more accurate and more smartphone-like than the NEX series headunits (unless you get the 7100,8100 units). I'm very happy with it

Last edited:

PaulS63

Reaction score
I believe you can mount the gps antenna in the factory provided space directly under the dash cover, if you pop the cover, there's a cavity that gm uses for it. Looks like it should fit fine.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I believe you can mount the gps antenna in the factory provided space directly under the dash cover, if you pop the cover, there's a cavity that gm uses for it. Looks like it should fit fine.
I'll have to check it out. It'd be nice to have it underneath for a cleaner install. Thanks for the tip!

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try to get the mic up in the overhead with the dome lights. It seems like it would be less noticeable there and would pic up your voice better.

Also, I did what Nathan said on my amp wires and ran them under the carpet and through the spot where the hinges are. I didn't cut and carpet and just ran them under the access panel and out to my amp rack.

Very nice looking set up!

t76turbo

Reaction score
Looks really nice. I am in the same spot as you. I miss the Bluetooth streaming. I have the more basic radio and am looking to do something soon. I have only had my Tahoe for a few months but really miss my kind of music. I listen to mostly heavy metal and no radio stations play my music. So I have no choice but to bring it with me.

I wasn't considering that specific head unit but now I will. Thanks....

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I would try to get the mic up in the overhead with the dome lights. It seems like it would be less noticeable there and would pic up your voice better.

Also, I did what Nathan said on my amp wires and ran them under the carpet and through the spot where the hinges are. I didn't cut and carpet and just ran them under the access panel and out to my amp rack.

Very nice looking set up!

Thank you. I will definitely look into getting the mic up there. I really don't like it where it is now. I'll update this thread once I relocate it. Been slammed with detailing jobs before I leave to start my real job in Buffalo, NY. Just finished a BMW Alpina B7!

Looks really nice. I am in the same spot as you. I miss the Bluetooth streaming. I have the more basic radio and am looking to do something soon. I have only had my Tahoe for a few months but really miss my kind of music. I listen to mostly heavy metal and no radio stations play my music. So I have no choice but to bring it with me.

I wasn't considering that specific head unit but now I will. Thanks....

I'm glad I could provide some inspiration. I really like it. It's simple and not loaded with a bunch of endless menus. Very easy to navigate and use. Cheapest place to get it is on Amazon. I think it's around $460 or so.

Denali_WA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed an Alpine 009X-GM head unit set up and i installed the GPS antenna under the dash where you have yours above. You need to take off the drivers side A-piller to prop open enough of the dash to hide the antenna and wire in. As for the microphone, on my last Pioneer deck i installed the microphone on the steering column behind the steering wheel. It works best there in my opinion. Dulls out any wind/ road noise.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good, I am about to put my Pioneer 4700 in my '14 Tahoe. I am about to order my harness, I've had the truck a week now, and thats about enough of the factory radio/non-bluetooth I can stand.
Does it sound good? Did you notice anything different, lower volume output, door chime, fader not available etc? I know that some people experience this with the PAC harnesses, and I was curious how the Axxess worked for you, because I want to order what works. The PAC in my '05 Denali made the sound a hair more quiet, and had a low speaker feedback (like when you turn the volume up loud and hit pause) at the time, the shop blamed it on the Bose harness.. I'm doing some of what you did minus the onstar...

Thanks

Denali_WA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks really good, I am about to put my Pioneer 4700 in my '14 Tahoe. I am about to order my harness, I've had the truck a week now, and thats about enough of the factory radio/non-bluetooth I can stand.
Does it sound good? Did you notice anything different, lower volume output, door chime, fader not available etc? I know that some people experience this with the PAC harnesses, and I was curious how the Axxess worked for you, because I want to order what works. The PAC in my '05 Denali made the sound a hair more quiet, and had a low speaker feedback (like when you turn the volume up loud and hit pause) at the time, the shop blamed it on the Bose harness.. I'm doing some of what you did minus the onstar...

Thanks

I had the same issue with my old PAC. I would recommend using the iDatalink Maestro Module. Its easier to flash and you can retain 90+% of your factory options if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e