03 Tahoe Z new transmission now wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbc42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Tahoe shop (not me) installed transmission and truck will not start. Shop put on new starter as they indicated the old starter would only spin but one or two times out of five. New starter installed still wont start. Never had starter problems prior to this visit.

Two weeks later still no go. They indicated they have traced the grounds and adjusted the neutral safety switch and still no worky.

They say they have tried to reset the computer by the usual methods with no success and figure its either the key security or the ecm needs reset by dealer.

sad thing is I drove the truck into this shop, now going to have a wrecker tow it somewhere else to fix it.

any ideas?

Gshep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel for you on this, I get with the owner cause they agreeded to put in the tranny and that includes having it run as expected. Hard to believe they have not put in a tranny in one of these before. Unless your using a shadetree mechanic type shop.... But any respectable Transmission shop sould have no problems getting this done right. I be curious what they do?

Dberdusco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it cranking over?? Have someone check the connector to the crank sensor it is located on the engine block behind the starter very easy to break when pulling the starter to get to the converter bolts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus