07 Yukon XL rear hatch opens part way then closes itself????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrxoa1

Reaction score
My rear hatch door on my '07 Yukon XL will open only about half way then jerk and close itself. Any ideas on what's causing it??

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4!!

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hatch has an obstruction sensor that will cause the door to reverse and close if it encounters an obstruction.. You probably have worn out struts that make the hatch heavier and fools the sensor. Try assisting the hatch by hand as it opens to remove some of the weight and see if it goes all the way up. Worn struts can also make the hatch drop a few inches from full open and then start to close very slowly.

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
What are the proper part numbers??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Sachs struts from Rock Auto. Should have them in few days...

Brock

Reaction score
zrx LMK how it works out. The ones I ordered, 1 broke! Amazon send a refund without me sending defective ones back. Now have to reorder 2more.

IMPORTANT!! Do not take the clips off. Old ones come off (pry off w screwdriver) and just pop/hit w rubberhammer to in stall new struts.

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
They worked great. Fixed the problem. Got the struts from Rock Auto. About $20 each.

btuckz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just replaced my lift struts... get them from gm for about 38 a pc or even advanced auto will have them. when mine went bad it would open halfway then close...

08TZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine wont open at all. i can hit the button the lock unlocks and makes a bunch of weird noises but it doesnt open. im thinking the lift motor is shot...

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
Will it open with assistance? If so, will it hold itself open?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968