100k mile maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBCT

Reaction score
What does everyone recommend maintenance wise for my 2007 Yukon 2wd that's about to hit 100k miles? I have recently changed the transmission fluid and only have about 45k miles on the serpentine belt. What else?

Spark plugs? (Which ones?)
Rear diff. Fluid?
Shocks/struts? (Which ones?)

Anything else? Should I flush coolant?

Thanks

savage99ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What does everyone recommend maintenance wise for my 2007 Yukon 2wd that's about to hit 100k miles? I have recently changed the transmission fluid and only have about 45k miles on the serpentine belt. What else?

Spark plugs? (Which ones?)
Rear diff. Fluid?
Shocks/struts? (Which ones?)

Anything else? Should I flush coolant?

Thanks

I would probally do the coolant. I think it is rated to 150k change, but look it over and make that judgement call.

Plugs and wires. I would stay stock.

Does your ride need the new shocks? Are you mainly interstate driver?

Look at the belts. They are probally close to needing changed.

Rear Diff. Any synthetic fluid will work according to specs. etc: Amsoil, mobil one

Often overlooked is the brake fluid change and power steering fluid.

OP
OP
SBCT

SBCT

Reaction score
Is there a gasket for the rear diff cover or is it just rtv sealant between the housing and cover?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
SBCT

SBCT

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I would probally do the coolant. I think it is rated to 150k change, but look it over and make that judgement call.

Plugs and wires. I would stay stock.

Does your ride need the new shocks? Are you mainly interstate driver?

Hard to tell with the shocks. I don't feel like they are performing as well as they should but aren't necessarily toast. Just seems like after a bump the truck ripples a few extra times compared to when the shocks were newer and dampened the bumps quicker. Does that make any sense?

Any ideas what the stock replacement is for a '07 SLT 2wd? Seems like there are tons of different shocks that came on these trucks from the factory. Also is there a better replacement shock rather than ACDelco that is similar in price?

savage99ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Hard to tell with the shocks. I don't feel like they are performing as well as they should but aren't necessarily toast. Just seems like after a bump the truck ripples a few extra times compared to when the shocks were newer and dampened the bumps quicker. Does that make any sense?

Any ideas what the stock replacement is for a '07 SLT 2wd? Seems like there are tons of different shocks that came on these trucks from the factory. Also is there a better replacement shock rather than ACDelco that is similar in price?

Not sure on replacement of shocks(call the dealer and have your VIN ready). I would prob keep it stock. I went with Bilstein on my Ram truck and they have been great. My former driver, 2006 Navigator did had a bumpy ride at certain speeds and bumps, come to find out the tires were bad and toe was out of balance. A set of new tires and alignment fixed the problem.

Last edited:

j_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep it up.
After driving a GMC work van in all kinds of weather on bad snow tires I am sold because its been a beast and starts up on cheap oil, original battery, and some dirt road beatings.

About to fly to Texas and trek home 1k miles in an 07 Tahoe.
Looks like new under carriage compared to northwest 100k mile Tahoes.

Don't need a warranty with basic know how and some common sense maintenance.
At least with full frame beasts.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it was easier to piggyback onto this thread rather than start another one. I was about to change out my plugs on my Yukon this weekend and unfortunately I didn't buy new wires as well. Having said that, after fighting the very first plug wire, I was kind of scratching my head. I went to the second one and couldn't get it off with an amount of force that was "excessive" in my mind. Since i didn't have wires with me, I stopped what I was doing until I can get a set.

Has anyone else had the problem of getting the friggin wires off of the plugs? I know I can use enough force to get them off, but it will take much more than I would think it should, hence making sure I have new wires for replacement should one not cooperate fully. My guess is that after 96K miles, they are pretty much fused onto the end of the plug. The aluminum cover/sleeve moves freely, but man these things are on there pretty tight..... Thoughts or tricks of the trade to pop them off?

Thanks,

OP
OP
SBCT

SBCT

Reaction score
I had the same problem and also had the problem of the wires ripping in half when I pulled on them. Definitely need a wire change to go with the new plugs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do the belt, I'd also prepare to replace the idlers. I've had idlers break when trying to change a belt. Either have them ready, just in case, or have an alternate ride back to the parts house to get one when one breaks.

I'm not terribly sure about shocks on a stock Tahoe, but we went with Bilstiens on our '02 2500HD when we first got it. It made a huge difference in the handling and ride. Our 2010 PPV have the PPV springs/shocks, and they're great, although some will consider them to be a little too firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou