2001-2006 K2500 Ext/Crew Cab-6.0 Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
WOW! Looks brand new!

...are you on your way?!
My weekend is completely open and can drive up there with my girl with cash in hand. BUT, I need answers to some questions.

I texted and asked: Pics of engine compartment, paperwork for repairs and maintenance, CarFax, where has it spent it's life and pics of RPO sticker in glove box.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just talked to the owner. Gonna go look at the truck on Monday, after he sends me the requested pics today. The truck has no rust. Spent it's life in Oregon.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
He sent pics. 4 exhaust manifold bolts broken, 2 center, and dent at d/s rear bed above tire. For that price, I do not want dents or have to pull exhaust manifolds for bolt repair/replacement.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, hell, I give up. I cannot find a decent one within 100 miles. They are either rode hard and put up wet, no paperwork and high mileage or lifted. If I even get close to finding one, Silverado or Sierra, they want way way way too much. I am just gonna lay in the weeds and wait for the perfect time.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broken exhaust manifold bolts... that's pretty normal. Wouldn't shy away from that at all.

Dents, dings, paint fading is a tougher sell.

I'm also looking for a similar truck to replace my old K3500. Similar observations here: either these trucks were used heavily (and are pretty worn out) or very well taken care of (maybe a few scratches and dings over the years) for asking prices pretty high. Pristine survivors are rare, and very high prices.

In my price range I'm looking at either doing mechanical work, and/or body work. Our sun is brutal on paint out here, but at least no rust to deal with...

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Broken exhaust manifold bolts... that's pretty normal. Wouldn't shy away from that at all.

Dents, dings, paint fading is a tougher sell.

I'm also looking for a similar truck to replace my old K3500. Similar observations here: either these trucks were used heavily (and are pretty worn out) or very well taken care of (maybe a few scratches and dings over the years) for asking prices pretty high. Pristine survivors are rare, and very high prices.

In my price range I'm looking at either doing to mechanical work, and/or body work. Our sun is brutal on paint out here, but at least no rust to deal with...
Am familiar with the weather there. My girl's daughter lives in Euless, Tx.

The end exhaust manifold bolt breakage can be taken care of with the clamps that are available. The center ones cannot use the clamps. Manifolds have to come off to gain access and if broke below flat surface have to attempt to drill or have to pull heads. No, I do not want to do that.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am familiar with the weather there. My girl's daughter lives in Euless, Tx.

The end exhaust manifold bolt breakage can be taken care of with the clamps that are available. The center ones cannot use the clamps. Manifolds have to come off to gain access and if broke below flat surface have to attempt to drill or have to pull heads. No, I do not want to do that.

A small price to pay for an otherwise well-maintained truck, IMHO. No vehicle this age will be perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trex3