2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the AEM Failsafe dual monitor which lets me monitor AFR and boost in one gauge. It has options to shut the engine down if certain parameters you set are exceeded like a lean condition which is pretty cool if I had actually hooked it up like that. Their stuff is top notch imo.

That fail safe setup is sweet! We programed a bunch of fail safes into my buddies Haltech and it works like a champ. He has boost creep issues and has seen it climb above 20* when he likes to keep it under 14*. If it exceeds like 18* the failsafe kicks in and either opens the waste gate or cuts throttle I can remember which.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been researching getting a cluster that has a 7krpm cluster. Hard to find info on but, GM Gauge repair guy said he can get me one with a 7k tach, trans temp, and 140speedo. I think I can put an OEM Temp sensor in the PTO port of the NV4500 and wire it up so it reads correctly which would be super cool!

Now my question is, out of the people who have a custom cluster, who did you use? Post a pic please, and what would you do differently next time? @PNW VietVet

I would be looking at probably just red needles with white led back lights, no overlays nothing crazy.

Attachments

• 7k tach.PNG
    7k tach.PNG
    567.3 KB · Views: 2

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I've been researching getting a cluster that has a 7krpm cluster. Hard to find info on but, GM Gauge repair guy said he can get me one with a 7k tach, trans temp, and 140speedo. I think I can put an OEM Temp sensor in the PTO port of the NV4500 and wire it up so it reads correctly which would be super cool!

Now my question is, out of the people who have a custom cluster, who did you use? Post a pic please, and what would you do differently next time? @PNW VietVet

I would be looking at probably just red needles with white led back lights, no overlays nothing crazy.

I sent mine in for repair and to add the tranny gauge when DDS was still repairing them (I think his son might still repair) but now Carl sells them outright: https://www.fixmygauges.com/

First class repair and service on mine.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent mine in for repair and to add the tranny gauge when DDS was still repairing them (I think his son might still repair) but now Carl sells them outright: https://www.fixmygauges.com/

First class repair and service on mine.

I will have to check them out!

One thing I cant seem to find is what came factory with a 7k tach, trans temp gauge, and 140 speedo. I'd love to find one on ebay or something.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go look on Carl's site -- he has pics of a lot of them.
His prices seem great except on the H2 cluster starting at $500 yikes.
On that site there's some called 03-06 Premium Performance ones that are 140 mph speedo/ 7k tach.

View attachment 346206

I saw that but I'm unsure what that means exactly, I've heard of platinum escalades that have an extra special interior but when I google images they only have 6k tachs. When I google Premium performance clusters I get that same picture and basically nothing else with a 7k tach. So lost on what It could be out of, or maybe its totally custom.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His prices seem great except on the H2 cluster starting at $500 yikes.

I saw that but I'm unsure what that means exactly, I've heard of platinum escalades that have an extra special interior but when I google images they only have 6k tachs. When I google Premium performance clusters I get that same picture and basically nothing else with a 7k tach. So lost on what It could be out of, or maybe its totally custom.
Send Carl a message, he's the expert on GM clusters.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send Carl a message, he's the expert on GM clusters.
I emailed him earlier guess I'll see what he says! Looking at OEM trans temp sensors they aren't threaded in like a ECT sensor so I'm not sure how to adapt one to work in the NV4500. Unless I can use any old 1-5v temp sensor. Also didn't realize they are kinda expensive, everyone I saw was over $120.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New MILEstone which means time for an oil change. Was supposed to do it today but Amazon is late with the oil grrr.

I think if I do a new cluster I'll have it programmed to like 275,000 and swap it as close tothat mileage as I can even if it means waiting a few weeks extra.

20210729_151431.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065