2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No PRNDL display change and $430 shipped with my choice of needles and backlights. I though that was dang good! I got quoted $550 starting for just the cluster then the needles and light would be extra.
Also you're looking for another temp display for your tc? Besides the regular trans temp? So you want 2 trans temp displays?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also you're looking for another temp display for your tc? Besides the regular trans temp? So you want 2 trans temp displays?

No, I just want the trans temp gauge in the new cluster to work, No NV4500 Manual trans came with a temp sensor that I can find and I'm striking out on what kind of sensor 4l60/80s use. One google search yielded that weird Oring sealed sensor yet another brings up what looks like n ECT sensor and another shows that its part of the electronic controller or something crazy. I usually can find anything on GMpartdirect but they don't even list a trans temp sensor for any model NBS I can think of that came factory with a Trans temp gauge.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No, I just want the trans temp gauge in the new cluster to work, No NV4500 Manual trans came with a temp sensor that I can find and I'm striking out on what kind of sensor 4l60/80s use. One google search yielded that weird Oring sealed sensor yet another brings up what looks like n ECT sensor and another shows that its part of the electronic controller or something crazy. I usually can find anything on GMpartdirect but they don't even list a trans temp sensor for any model NBS I can think of that came factory with a Trans temp gauge.
Maybe @915_Tahoe can help you out with this. He does work at a dealership.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the GM parts site I use, the temp sensor on a 4l60 is incorporated into the fluid pressure switch assembly. There is no separate one afaik.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the GM parts site I use, the temp sensor on a 4l60 is incorporated into the fluid pressure switch assembly. There is no separate one afaik.

Thats what I was finding everywhere, I think Randy done got me a solution for it using an ECT sensor and making a pigtail myself.