2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an accident and ordered this thanks to Carl for having really good prices and responding to my email in no time!

Mine will have red needles and white backlights, also asking if he can program the PRNDL to say SHIFT, STICK, or even just TAHOE. Otherwise I will just have him not add LEDs to it.

Attachments

• 7k tach.PNG
    7k tach.PNG
    253.5 KB · Views: 4

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had an accident and ordered this thanks to Carl for having really good prices and responding to my email in no time!

Mine will have red needles and white backlights, also asking if he can program the PRNDL to say SHIFT, STICK, or even just TAHOE. Otherwise I will just have him not add LEDs to it.
I really wanted red needles in mine but I was told my blue LEDs would drown out the red making them almost invisible. Would be pretty cool if he could change your prndl display.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sweet.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wanted red needles in mine but I was told my blue LEDs would drown out the red making them almost invisible. Would be pretty cool if he could change your prndl display.
I think the red needles with white lights will just look more modern and clean that the factory green and orange lol.

I'm sure you love the chrome bezel

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the red needles with white lights will just look more modern and clean that the factory green and orange lol.

I'm sure you love the chrome bezel
Haha yessir love it. In your truck. It's probably the reason I never liked the Escalade bezel for mine though. Those damn chrome rings around the gauges. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh. I have found out it's way harder to remove every bit of chrome I can than it is to add more. They make the latter real easy. It's obvious when you look at my neighbor's rigs that he thinks are cool. Chrome this and chrome that. He was even going to chrome a roll pan he put on a '15 Silverado- the cheap pos looked so bad because it fit like crap- because he thought if he chromed it, that would make it look better. I tried not to laugh. He sold the truck.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yessir love it. In your truck. It's probably the reason I never liked the Escalade bezel for mine though. Those damn chrome rings around the gauges. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh. I have found out it's way harder to remove every bit of chrome I can than it is to add more. They make the latter real easy. It's obvious when you look at my neighbor's rigs that he thinks are cool. Chrome this and chrome that. He was even going to chrome a roll pan he put on a '15 Silverado- the cheap pos looked so bad because it fit like crap- because he thought if he chromed it, that would make it look better. I tried not to laugh. He sold the truck.
A chrome roll pan!!!! OMG your poor eyes! I totally agree that adding chrome is a hell of a lot easier than removing, I was gonna ask to have him put the brushed stainless bezel but I think that comes with the overlay as well and I'm not a huge fan of the stainless overlay because it looks like the lights reflect off it too much at night.

I wonder who decided green and orange was the color of choice? especially since the rest of the interior is more white-ish.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Carl is quick, my new cluster will be sent out in just 1-2days! Also turns out he created the 7ktach clusters. Here is the email I got late last night.

Carl Cowles​

Jul 29, 2021, 9:10 PM (10 hours ago)
to me
I created them myself working with a GM company.
I’ll send a PIC in the AM.
I will prepare it and ship in 1-2 business days.
Please note: Some shipping is still slow due to COVID-19, so if your order is delayed due to shipping please be
patient. Below is you USPS tracking number.
Returning your old cluster is optional but if you do, I will upgrade your guarantee for life.
I will include all return info along with your cluster, including a pre-paid return shipping label.

@Fless

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New MILEstone which means time for an oil change. Was supposed to do it today but Amazon is late with the oil grrr.

I think if I do a new cluster I'll have it programmed to like 275,000 and swap it as close tothat mileage as I can even if it means waiting a few weeks extra.

View attachment 346225
Don't you mean 175k....:naughty:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065