2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With great rear suspension travel comes great yoke eating the evap bracket problems. Actually the bracket is clear but the crossmember isn't and now they hit during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear romping.

Hey @randeez what settings should I put the shocks to for minimal squat? Lots of compression in the rear and lots of rebound in the front?

If that doesn't work or rides poorly longer bump stops it is. Or adjustable UCAs which I've been waiting over a year for from mi amigo.

Terrible pics but basically theres nothing I can grind or move unless I chop the entire crossmember out which ain't happening and then the yoke would probably hit the floor anyway.

20210531_173422.jpg 20210531_173404.jpg 20210531_173412.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With great rear suspension travel comes great yoke eating the evap bracket problems. Actually the bracket is clear but the crossmember isn't and now they hit during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear romping.

Hey @randeez what settings should I put the shocks to for minimal squat? Lots of compression in the rear and lots of rebound in the front?

If that doesn't work or rides poorly longer bump stops it is. Or adjustable UCAs which I've been waiting over a year for from mi amigo.

Terrible pics but basically theres nothing I can grind or move unless I chop the entire crossmember out which ain't happening and then the yoke would probably hit the floor anyway.

View attachment 280725 View attachment 280726 View attachment 280727
If it isn’t one thing.... dammit

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
User error?

I drive like an old lady but mine have held up

I was gonna ask if you had them, if they survive your grandma driving habits I guess I will probably be okay. I just like Kustomz stuff.

Does the free travel mod use any sort of bump stop? Maybe you could try limit straps in the front?

Yes, I have a 3" foam bump stop in the rear but like Randy said its not so much an uptravel problem as it is a pinion pointing up problem. Way back when I came to the conclusion the pinion angle is terrible and I have just been too lazy to do something about it. I do need limit straps front and rear to avoid shock damage but oh well lol.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have a 3" foam bump stop in the rear but like Randy said its not so much an uptravel problem as it is a pinion pointing up problem. Way back when I came to the conclusion the pinion angle is terrible and I have just been too lazy to do something about it. I do need limit straps front and rear to avoid shock damage but oh well lol.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. I hope pinion angle is easily adjusted on our trucks? I was guessing that limit straps might help to keep the rear end from squatting too much by limiting some weight transfer. Might be able to rig something up temporarily to test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO