2013 Suburban, rattle or tapping noise from the right rear wheel well area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may or may not help but my 04 was making a bumping sound during body flex over small bumps at slow speed. I ended up finding that the passenger rear door could be pushed in and out causing the bumping sound. I adjusted the door strike plate so the door shuts tighter. Fixed my issue.

I was convinced it was something suspension related because I could feel it through the floor when it made the sound.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont Laugh.... I have lost a deep socket in the frame changing out the air compressor....
That’s why I’m laughing, we have ALL lost a socket somewhere in our vehicles. Or a bolt or screw. Just the other day when I was reinstalling my front differential a bolt fell out of the engine bay and hit me right in the face, like it was saying “here I am!” I have no idea how long it was up there. Guess what size the head was? 10mm. Why is it always a 10 mm socket or 10mm bolt? I swear it almost always is.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Still searching. I decided to try flexing the body and frame a bit to see if it would help. Found a good loading dock and drove one front wheel at a time until it lifted a rear wheel. No change.

I did manage to test my G80. Works good. Locked it and continued climbing until I was teetering on one front and one rear wheel.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Took another stab at this today. Took the interior panels off and tried to find this again. I swear it is related to body flex. I took video to share the sound. When I took this I was squatting and bouncing in the center of where the right side third row seat would be. The sound originates in the body cavity behind the door striker. There is a body mount directly below this point. Fugg if I know!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took another stab at this today. Took the interior panels off and tried to find this again. I swear it is related to body flex. I took video to share the sound. When I took this I was squatting and bouncing in the center of where the right side third row seat would be. The sound originates in the body cavity behind the door striker. There is a body mount directly below this point. Fugg if I know!
I’m sure you’ve done this already but have you made sure the upper and lower bolts in your rear shocks are torqued properly and that the associated bushings are in good shape?

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ve done this already but have you made sure the upper and lower bolts in your rear shocks are torqued properly and that the associated bushings are in good shape?
All good there. It’s strange. I can bounce this truck seven ways from Sunday and not hear it. I have to do a very specific bounce to get it to make noise.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Guys,
I am almost certain it is the position 4 body mount. I took the bolt out and took it for a ride. Sound was still there but not as much. I am guessing I need to unbolt all of them down that side in order to lift the body enough to get it out of there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO