2015i Order Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want the power steps period! Total waste. Useless feature. I never even thought about how you loose the side protection from rocks etc without the fixed steps. I bet you could take them off, sell them, and install the fixed steps from the regular 2015

Totally agree.
Completely useless. Almost in the way.
It's just a fluff option that really serves no other purpose other than to impress some little neighborhood kid when you open the door.
It's almost an embarrassing option, but for $1,500, it's a total money grab from GM I would like to delete.

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just placed an order for a Tahoe LT on 9/5/2014

I have the AVF code but not all the rest mentioned in the first post.

AVF - 2015iMY Interim/Improved Program Processing Code. (YES)
GU5 - Rear Axle 3.23 Ratio (Mine shows GU4)
K4C - Charger, Wireless Device, Inductive (YES)
M5U - 8-Speed Automatic (Mine shows MYC)
TC2 - Liftgate, power, hands-free (YES)
VV4 - Mobile Internet Connectivity (YES)

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order for a Tahoe LT on 9/5/2014

I have the AVF code but not all the rest mentioned in the first post.

AVF - 2015iMY Interim/Improved Program Processing Code. (YES)
GU5 - Rear Axle 3.23 Ratio (Mine shows GU4)
K4C - Charger, Wireless Device, Inductive (YES)
M5U - 8-Speed Automatic (Mine shows MYC)
TC2 - Liftgate, power, hands-free (YES)
VV4 - Mobile Internet Connectivity (YES)

That looks right. The Tahoe comes with the 5.3 and so it retains the 6-speed for now (MYC). And the axel ratio on that truck is either 3.08 or 3.42 (if you have the HD towing package). GU4 corresponds to the 3.08 gearing. It's rubbish for towing but will improve highway fuel economy. Here's the list of the RPO codes for the Tahoe.

click me.

Last edited:

gatorsmiles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been waiting to order a 2015i Denali until the dealers actually have information and are aware of the changes. I was calling around two weeks ago after the press release and it was difficult to find anyone who was aware of the announcement.

Now that it is time to order, I'd like to get a vehicle soon. What do you think they best way is to get an order placed and receive the vehicle quickly? What is the best case scenario as far as the time between asking the dealer to order and getting confirmation on a delivery time?

I'm able to purchase from any dealer in the Southeast--willing to travel to pick it up. I will not be trading anything in.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go into any GMC dealer, MAKE CERTAIN THAT THEY HAVE ALLOCATION FIRST!, then place the order. It'll be built and you'll receive it shortly thereafter.

BTW, my dealer called me this morning and told me that my order placed last Thursday did officially "take" in the system and was accepted.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today and they said they had two they could order tonight. When we got to price they would only do $1000 off MSRP. Off to find another dealer.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today and they said they had two they could order tonight. When we got to price they would only do $1000 off MSRP. Off to find another dealer.

$1000 off MSRP.. haha lol. I hope you laughed at them when you walked out.

That's not even in the ballpark. I had a local dealer tell me MSRP when I was looking for mine.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I even showed them the Laura GMC website. They looked up the Denali's on their site and said that they showed them belonging to another dealer. They said that with holdbacks and ad dollars Laura would be losing $3500 per truck. They did not believe it. They say they have a waiting list to purchase at full MRSP. They also told me for every 18 Yukons ordered they are getting one or two Denali.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap