2021 6.2 Tahoe eats oil like crazy - is this truck getting lifter issues soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that my 2021 Tahoe is eating oil like crazy meanwhile. MPG went down, too. I didn't took it too serious but since I read again about the lifter issues I took a closer look again and yeah... I had the oil changed 6,000 miles ago and since then I've put in a quart of extra oil at least. And today I checked it and see nothing on the dipstick anymore. So another quart would be necessary. Ran the engine for a minute or so before I measured as the 6.2 was cold. Average mpg went down from 17.4. to 16 in the last months and performance wise I don't think it's going as nice as a Cadillac with the same engine that I just test drove. Could be all subjective OR the beginning of trouble. Mechanic in the shop tells me that it's normal that it consumes oil... but THAT much?! What's your experience? Is this oil consumption concerning?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the engine is covered for a while under the powertrain warranty, I wouldn't like... say, trade it next week, but if it's doing that and or getting worse you know something is imminently coming.

I personally would not keep any vehicle that "eats" oil... Not a one I've had in 20+ years ever did, Including this LM2... Maybe I'm lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sampler73