383 Stoker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dempsey561

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a 383 in my 96 4 door tahoe. I need to know everything and anything I would need to buy to be doing this. Haha no joke either. Don't get mad at me for asking this. ;p I'm only 17. Still a noobie.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HT383E is a dropin, does require a tune for full potential though. I more extreme 383 or a custom unit may require a fuel system upgrade. Plan on a tranny upgrade also to handle the new found power

quicksilvr18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey im getting ready to do a 383 my self. Did you get yours going. Maybe you can help me with some details of issues you may have ran into or the rotating assembly you used. Any info will help. You can email me at
[email protected]
thanks

sbowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
383 stroker

I am also building a 383 stroker for my '97 Tahoe. The block is going to the machine shop today. Has anybody ever done this before? I'm having some last minute concerns. I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible. Do I need a different injector or t-body? Different mapping in the PCM or different PCM? Different heads? Roller rockers while I'm in there? Etc. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My HT383E I was able to keep everything stock except the tuning, we had to pretty much max out the fuel system so be aware that you might need to upgrade all that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa