5.3 Tick/Knock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah would probably need a right hand drill no chance I fit a normal one in there.

But also I’m starting to think it’s a lifter not an exhaust leak. The tick almost sounds like it’s coming from farther up on that bank not from that exhaust bolt missing.
Drop a quart of transmission fluid in your oil and let idle. See if tick goes away. (Do all this immediately BEFORE you do an oil change). DO NOT drive around with a quart of tranny fluid in your oil. Tranny fluid will free up stuck lifters.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop a quart of transmission fluid in your oil and let idle. See if tick goes away. (Do all this immediately BEFORE you do an oil change). DO NOT drive around with a quart of tranny fluid in your oil. Tranny fluid will free up stuck lifters.
Yeah I’ve read about this will definitely try this when the time comes(still have like 1k miles until the next change). How long would you recommend idling it in the driveway before dropping the oil?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve read about this will definitely try this when the time comes(still have like 1k miles until the next change). How long would you recommend idling it in the driveway before dropping the oil?
I have added a qt before and driven it like 10 miles, didn't hurt anything and in my case didn't help either but can be worth a try as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
night3000