6 speed to 10 speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thought, because this does happen and it has happened to me once so that like thought is stuck. If I needed to replace my 6 speed trans, how much more detail is involved to add a 10 speed, and would there be any benefits over the 6? Any downsides ?

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thought.
Probably could be done. One would need a new trans computer and harness. Cross member too.
Benefits would be better torque/power management throughout acceleration.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be done; Yes.

The better question is what are you willing to do and/or sacrifice to accomplish the install and “make it work”?

TBH. The swap is probably easier to do physically and mechanically; The more difficult part will be the electronics and making the new TCM communication with the rest of the vehicle modules to operate and function as stock or “OEM”.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be done; Yes.

The better question is what are you willing to do and/or sacrifice to accomplish the install and “make it work”?

TBH. The swap is probably easier to do physically and mechanically; The more difficult part will be the electronics and making the new TCM communication with the rest of the vehicle modules to operate and function as stock or “OEM”.
OK I decided after this truck I’m going backwards in time and getting a 90s Tahoe

My dad had a nice two door blue one with the Bose sun under the seat and the 10 disk changer bad ass exhaust system four-wheel-drive.

Attachments

• 8C2C3C91-16EB-4201-8BE0-8BDBCCFAE5F8.png
    8C2C3C91-16EB-4201-8BE0-8BDBCCFAE5F8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTahoe85