8 mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orange

Reaction score
99 Escalade, bought a few weeks ago. Just figured out my mileage, and I'm getting less than 8 miles to the gallon. And this is AFTER sea foam treatment! Truck has about 100K miles.

I know these truck suck gas, but before the escalade I had a 1997 2 Door Tahoe 4x4 with 150k miles and I was getting 14-16 mpg in same driving conditions. As far as I know, both trucks have the same 350 engine.

Any ideas as to why I'm getting such poor mileage? I know the two door tahoe was a few hundred pounds lighter, but I should be getting better mileage. Anything I need to check, clean, or replace?

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know what sun was trying to do with that pic but have an idea. look into your fuel delivery. if you just got this truck a good tune up might be needed. good plugs, wires, dizzy cap, fuel filter ect. if you still have a problem the fuel spider might need to be replaced. i was getting 17mpg highway with cracked heads and a leaky spider.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Do full service. For a good while i was getting 5mpg. I did full service including fuel filter. The filter is gonna be nasty since technically they are supposed to be replaced once a year or some ish like that

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Do full service. For a good while i was getting 5mpg. I did full service including fuel filter. The filter is gonna be nasty since technically they are supposed to be replaced once a year or some ish like that
incorrect.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

i was getting 17mpg highway with cracked heads and a leaky spider.

how dare you run like that!!!

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

you may want to change you o2 sensor also.

test them first to avoid wasted money.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

8 MPG?! Quit bragging ...

and you, i dont know where to start with you and your tbi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925