All Yukon owners Read this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimZ

Reaction score
Tony you have me worried now. My '11 Denali is also Storm Gray and does NOT, at least as of now, have this problem. It is only 3 weeks old but you are finding this on the dealers lot! I will have to go out and look at my local dealers inventory and see. I also feel that the Yukon rear is a bit plain and have considered getting one of those chrome pieces to cover over the license plate area. I do think its too much to put both that piece and the handle piece on. Not sure about putting the GMC logo on it...Only if you remove the existing logo and just move it.

jim

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony you have me worried now. My '11 Denali is also Storm Gray and does NOT, at least as of now, have this problem. It is only 3 weeks old but you are finding this on the dealers lot! I will have to go out and look at my local dealers inventory and see. I also feel that the Yukon rear is a bit plain and have considered getting one of those chrome pieces to cover over the license plate area. I do think its too much to put both that piece and the handle piece on. Not sure about putting the GMC logo on it...Only if you remove the existing logo and just move it.
jim

yeah jim, that's what i intend to do. and i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i gaurantee you have it and just haven't had the sun hit the rear at the right angle to notice. i swear it's like one of those "computer generated pictures" that came out in the 80's you could walk by it 20 times and not see the image, then one day "pow" it hits you like a ton of bricks and you can never look at it again without seeing the image lol... just shine it up, then in the sun stand behind it off to one side and follow the applique with your eyes from left to right or vice versa and you will se the distortion of the reflections and then you'll see the dimple. our color is noticable, the darker ones are even worse, black is horrendus. once the genie's out of the bottle, it can never go back :emotions122:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snowstormdecember2010017.gif

grabbed a newspaper out of the driveway and thought it was a good time to snap a pic to show you guys up close what it loks like.. can be find if looking at the back of ANY GMT900 Yukon, just have to see it on a clean truck and at right angle, once you spot it you can't not ALWAYS see it:emotions122:

Sunday i will take some pics of brand new '11's that also have it at a GMC dealer near me.
here's the regular picture, notice how it's hard to see from a regular distance?
DSC00850.gif

Last edited:

JimZ

Reaction score
Well Tony....Yesterday was the first day in the 2 weeks I have had my '11 with some good sunshine and if you get at just the right angle with the sun beaming on it you do see it. D@&*! But as I move it goes away. Not too stressed over it. I tend to keep my rides extremely detailed so Maybe it won't stand out. If it does then I'll slap one of those chrome covers on it. I'll have to snap some pics and post them of mine. Ours could almost be twins! :beer:

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Here's a few...
DSC_0768.jpg
DSC_0767.jpg

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Tony....Yesterday was the first day in the 2 weeks I have had my '11 with some good sunshine and if you get at just the right angle with the sun beaming on it you do see it. D@&*! But as I move it goes away. Not too stressed over it. I tend to keep my rides extremely detailed so Maybe it won't stand out. If it does then I'll slap one of those chrome covers on it. I'll have to snap some pics and post them of mine. Ours could almost be twins! :beer:

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Here's a few...
DSC_0768.jpg
DSC_0767.jpg

just keep an eye on that thing, like i said, i;m pretty sure it got worse over the change in the seasons here. but it could just be with age and the fact that the truck's rear faces the sun for most of the day weakening the plastic enough so the fastner pulls in on the applique causing the "dimple" to grow..

Love those wheels!!! i just can't take the ride of 22's around here. the main roads are good but the back roads make me think on 20's i'm riding in a sh*t box lol! But man i love those wheels!! best of luck with it, you should get the chrome mirror covers, it's the first thing i spotted missing from your YD.

ps, the spots in the pics are just filth and some bird ***** (supposed to get 2-4 inches of rain in the next two days so i didn't bother cleaning it this week)

Last edited:

JimZ

Reaction score
Thanks! I thought these wheels were perfect, esp from the factory. Ride is very smooth here but roads do make a difference. I have some chrome lower mirror covers on order. Received a set but they were damaged so the company is sending me another. You would think for something in the 60K range things like that would be standard. Don't like the optional top covers, so I'll go with the aftermarket lowers.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I thought these wheels were perfect, esp from the factory. Ride is very smooth here but roads do make a difference. I have some chrome lower mirror covers on order. Received a set but they were damaged so the company is sending me another. You would think for something in the 60K range things like that would be standard. Don't like the optional top covers, so I'll go with the aftermarket lowers.

yeah, i had an '09 LTZ and that had the chrome uppers standard and i hated them so much i bought the plain white covers and ordered the lower chromes (then i got rid of it and bought the YD anyway lol).

that's another let down by GMC. those chrome lowers make the truck. there's nothing to grab your eye at the belt line but they use the escalade chrome roof rack rails?? also the rear. plain Yukon except for the Ebay looking taillights? that's why i still think after my applique is fixed i will be covering it with my chrome cover and GMC emblem anyway. but i can't live with KNOWING there's an imperfection there!

wish somebody could photoshop it for me so i could stare at the chrome cover with the gmc emblem over the applique and nothing else on the rear?

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this site.. http://www.carid.com/gmc-accessories/ . if you haven't already. They have some neat items, fairly priced too.

thanks will do. i gotta tell you if you get a chance checkout the thread i started on GMI in the "letters to GM" section. i was hoping to bring some light to the problem hoping someone in GM somewhere "may" actually read that section and i got hammered by this tool calling me "crazy" and "making it up" lol what a tool.. funny read if you get a minute.

That's what i do with my spare time, post fake problems on a GM board... tool

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if there isnt a head sourse behind that spot. Like a light bulb. My tails the reverse lights have caused the plastic lens to melt in a bit for the heat. I wonder if thats whats happening in your case too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel